News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dobsina (USC 58)

Started by CTG, October 30, 2008, 10:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Great replay, Mark L. and great second half, CTG (1st half is truly awful...). Also very nice performance from SuperBrian! But still much improvement to be made, as Mark's replay shows (to all of us.)
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Thanks CTG, Duplode, AbuRaf70 and BJ for your congratulations!  :)  I didn't expect a so high performance with Lancia, even if last USC season I caught a nice podium behind Dottore and Argammon with the same car on a track of the same designer... Maybe with the next same track designer/car combo I'll start with more conviction about my potential...  ;)

SuperBrian

I'll start with Mark. Really a nice replay with such a huge gap to all of us. Congratulations!
Further, I had no idea that my time was that good, but I knew I could beat duplode if he lost his interest in making his last time better, lucky me. I'm also looking forward to switch to manuelgearing, and I'll do whatever I can, but maybe you wont see a final replay in manual just around the corner, but I certainly hope so. Especially with Porsche March Indy and the new Eszék track..
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: SuperBrian on December 08, 2008, 03:25:08 PM
I'll start with Mark. Really a nice replay with such a huge gap to all of us. Congratulations!

Thanks SuperBrian!  :)
And congratulations to you too! I'm looking forward and I see many podiums for you when you'll drive changing the gears in the moment you want to do it...  ;)

CTG

Finally! Dobsina analysis is available: Mark ruled the race in general but won only 3 sectors from the 9 (another 3 by Duplode and CTG). Sectors aren't really equal in length: I made really long sections before the tricky part (quite boring, huh?) and small ones for the last part.

The first minute of the track was totally useless. :D

Duplode

Weird race this one - I still can't believe I actually won one third of the sectors, even if those were the "totally useless" ones :D At least I can say this time I didn't really try to max out the uglier sectors... ;D Even so, it seems I lost to BJ and Brian due to two bad tactical calls I didn't correct in time: trying to cut the fast hairpin part at ~1:15 by the outside (it should be clear that it was impossible to keep any extra speed when entering the tunnel) and doing a very long outer loopcut before the finish line (that was mostly due lack of patience).

Mark L. Rivers

Four seconds gained between 20" and 40"... Beside key tract, I think I won because, after a early trial, I re-drove two times the whole track in last week... "Also" realizing always THE TRICK, sure....  ;)