News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0110

Started by Krys TOFF, November 09, 2008, 11:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Oh, I thought I'd be able to race either on Friday or Saturday, but neither... I'll need some magic by now...

Mark L. Rivers

I feel my final time just realized (!) and just published (no more attempts for me, I have to exit and I'll be back only around midinight...), won't be enough against my Opponent...  ;)  I have only a regret: yesterday I realized 1:13,75, but I totally missed to insert the 5th gear jumping down the bridge just before the final loop (I only inserted the 5th gear jumping from the loop...)...  >:(  I re-drove the final tract inserting the 5th gear jumping from the bridge and I easily realized 1:12,80... Too bad...  :(  Anyway, whatever will be the final score, FTT0110 has been a very good challenge and I'm really happy to see a so strong and motivated Zak lookin forward to the next season... :)
So see you later (around midnight), hoping not to have to do one more time my congratulations to you, Duplode...  :D  even if I feel it will be probably so...  ;)

P.S. I just see Duplode has just written so I have only to say: Duplode, no more magics, please!  :D ;) :)

Duplode

Krys, perhaps due to the heat of the race my mind has gotten suddenly very confused about the deadline time: the submission page says 19:00 GMT+1, meaning that we have 52 extra minutes to try. However, I remember clearly that the deadline was, originally, 19:00 GMT+2 (I even set the Tripoli, Libya timezone in my desktop in order to be able to check for it), thus the race would be already over - was it changed at some point? Anyway, in case the deadline is really 19:00 GMT+2 (and not GMT+1) please cancel any further submissions from me in the remaining 50 minutes and set my final time as 1:14:60, sent at 17:58 GMT+1.

Edit: Oh my, now my question is an actual issue... I hope I'm not taking unfair advantage...

Chulk

Damn! I would have raced more if I have known (which doesn't mean I would have done better...) Krys, answer please. I remember deadline being at 14 hs. in Argentina. Since we got our clocks one one ahead for summer, it should be 15 hs. here and sent my time at 14:45 aprox.

Mark L. Rivers

Whatever Kris will choose, I'm happy to keep open the door for the title until the last race.  :) Obviously there's only a very little slit (win for me and Duplode only 4th, or 3rd in order of what Krys will decide), but it will be a Indy race in Paris, so why not dreaming...?   :D ;)

Krys TOFF

Well, sorry I was really busy and see this only now.
Deadline is 19H GMT+1 since western Europe changed from GMT+2 to GMT+1. I changed the website at this moment one month ago. Anyway, deadline is 19H, server time. Server is in France, so the time displayed when you post your time indicates the server time properly compared to the deadline.

The website is programmed to block any new time posted after the deadline, so if you could send your time it means deadline was not over. so your current time is valid and you're 2nd.

As seen on your screen capture : "current time is 18H13". I take the server time to be displayed there, so no issue possible. Maybe I should change "GMT+1" (or "GMT+2") to "server's time" and display the current server date and time on the active race page to avoid any issue/question.

Oh, and congrats Mark, Duplode, Chulk and Zak. Very good times. ;)

edit : taken from Rules page (I didn't modified it since ages, and surely not modified today as I'm still at my job and I have no ftp access here) :
QuoteDeadline schedule
You are not forced to race all tracks, and you can enter the competition whenever you want, even if some tracks have been raced before.

Each track is available to be raced for 3 weeks, from sunday 19H00 (European time) to next sunday 3 weeks later, same hour.

This deadline hour is made in order to be suitable for both European and American driver.
GMT+2 or GMT+1 infos were informative to let pipsqueaks from different timezones to know which is currently used in France. Rule says "European time", that is GMT+1 or +2 depending of the period of the year.

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 01, 2008, 04:42:19 PM
Deadline is 19H GMT+1 since western Europe changed from GMT+2 to GMT+1. I changed the website at this moment one month ago. Anyway, deadline is 19H, server time. Server is in France, so the time displayed when you post your time indicates the server time properly compared to the deadline.

The website is programmed to block any new time posted after the deadline, so if you could send your time it means deadline was not over. so your current time is valid and you're 2nd.

As seen on your screen capture : "current time is 18H13". I take the server time to be displayed there, so no issue possible. Maybe I should change "GMT+1" (or "GMT+2") to "server's time" and display the current server date and time on the active race page to avoid any issue/question.

OK, all clear now, thanks... BTW Krys, are you technically obliged to use the server's time for running the clocks? If not, I'd suggest adopting a North African reference time (Algiers for GMT+1, or Tripoli for GMT+2) for next season, as those are not affected by summer time. Displaying the current time on the active race page would largely solve it too, in case fixing the time offset is not possible.

Well, as you said on the news page I was really lucky, not only by having noticed the deadline thing, but also due to improving my time just past Chulk's at the very first try after posting that question. Moreover, I only beat Zak's time at 17:58 (two minutes from what I thought the deadline was...), and if I hadn't done so I wouldn't have looked at the submission page again, and would thus end up in fourth... ::)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on December 01, 2008, 04:51:16 PM

OK, all clear now, thanks... BTW Krys, are you technically obliged to use the server's time for running the clocks? If not, I'd suggest adopting a North African reference time (Algiers for GMT+1, or Tripoli for GMT+2) for next season, as those are not affected by summer time. Displaying the current time on the active race page would largely solve it too, in case fixing the time offset is not possible.

Mmmm, I don't know how to to that so far. ::) My php capacities are still limited (yet efficient enough for what I want to do so it's fine ;D). I'll search, but it's not on the priority list.
1st : finish (90% done), implement and test the leading time system which will be used in 2009.
2nd : prepare 2009 in database (100% done), which means also modification of stats page to have previous seasons scoreboard there (not started yet).
3rd : improve stats page using data from SDR noRH races (all officially proved noRH races) (40% done).
4th : don't know yet, but will be done for sure. :D

Chulk

I see why server deadline was extended but I really feel that time change should have been said when it happenned... That changed last race's possibilities a lot. I'm my case, If I had known about that, I would have continued racing that extra hour and would have posted my time (in case I didn't improved) only an hour later, maybe not giving Duplode enough time to overtake me. Maybe Zak would have posted later too, I don't know but I'm really not completely satisfied with the explanation. Of course it's OK if everybody is satisfied, I'm not fighting for nothing really, my 3rd place is asured...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on December 01, 2008, 04:51:16 PM

Well, as you said on the news page I was really lucky, not only by having noticed the deadline thing, but also due to improving my time just past Chulk's at the very first try after posting that question. Moreover, I only beat Zak's time at 17:58 (two minutes from what I thought the deadline was...), and if I hadn't done so I wouldn't have looked at the submission page again, and would thus end up in fourth... ::)

Duplode, I knew you enough to be sure that luck usually has not part in your results. Sure 10 centisconds are not a big gap, but you have demonstrated on more time your awesome skill, improving so strongly, and repeatedly, your time close to the deadline. I think that we can talk about luck when some bug-jumps not searched increase a lot the speed so to gain an undeserved large advantage. But I never saw a NORH race where you got more points than you deserved thanks to bug-jumps. And if, when we will be able to see our replays, FTT0110 will result an exception, well, I couldn't talk about a lucky result for you anyway. Champions like you are not lucky. Simply they are champions.  ;) :)

And I sure want to extend my congratulations to Chulk and Zak for their very strong time!  :) The final scoreboard of this NORH race, with four drivers in 1,25 seconds, is the best scoreboard I've seen so far, maybe the best scoreboard I saw ever: great!

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 02, 2008, 12:10:43 PM
The final scoreboard of this NORH race, with four drivers in 1,25 seconds, is the best scoreboard I've seen so far, maybe the best scoreboard I saw ever: great!
I agree on that. Maybe only our tied race back in SDR first season is similar

AbuRaf70

Hola amigos...!!!

Por fin puedo comunicarme nuevamente con Uds...  primeramente tengo que contarles que debido a que se me rompió mi computadora, tuve que comprar una nueva...

Mi hijo, pese a estar con los finales de la Escuela (es profe...) vino de a ratos a ponerme en marcha la computadora nueva...  el DosBox no quería "arrancar"...  anda mal todavía...  pero, no obstante, quise enviarle a Krys el video y el replay, pero me vino de vuelta...

El domingo, cuando intenté enviarlo de nuevo, debido a la lluvia, me quedé sin teléfono y por consiguiente Sin Internet...!!!  recién hoy miércoles tengo teléfono nuevamente, por eso lo primero que hago, es comunicarme con Uds. y decirle a Krys que ya le voy a enviar el replay y el video de la FTT0110...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

zaqrack

I'm glad Aburaf, that you managed to come back! We didn't even notice that you were away, so you did it quickly and effectively. :) Hope you can fix dosbox soon. If you need help, sure someone can help you even in Spanish....

AbuRaf70

Muchas gracias, Zak...  lo tendremos en cuenta, por si el DOSBox no nos funciona correctamente...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.