News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Rounding times

Started by zaqrack, July 29, 2008, 12:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should round the sent times to .5 or .0 at the last digit in the future as well?

Yes
1 (16.7%)
No
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 18, 2008, 12:23:44 PM

zaqrack

Another question...
With the current system it is quite useless to round time to .X5 and .X0. With high percentages it also hinders some pipsqueaks. Check the current scoreboard for example, where altough CTG has driven .10 better than Duplode, they have the same time on the board. This part of the problem could be solved by rounding to any value, not just 0 and 5.

The question is simple: Should we? Or should we stick to the Stunts-like times on the board?

Poll open for 20 days, you can change your vote. Effects take place from ZCT87.

Chulk

I don't really understand the question. Can someone explain it to me with an example? Thanks in advance!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

For instance, right now CTG is leading with Countach and 1:14.65. Bonus is 39%, so his corrected time is (1-0.39)*74.65 = 45.5365s, which gets rounded down to 0:45.50 in accordance to the 0.05s precision of Stunts. What Zak is suggesting is to round to any value, disregarding what the time should look like in Stunts, thus having a more accurate result. In that case, CTG's time would be 0:45.53 instead. While it may look a bit unnatural, I feel it would be the fairest solution. (also, be careful not to vote too quickly and miss that the "Yes" option actually opposes the change... :))

BTW Zak, should the rounding be modified, would the results be rounded down (like now) or to the nearest value (so that 45.5365 --> 45.54 and not 45.53)?

Chulk

OK, got it. I like the idea, so yes (or no) I'm lost again!  :D
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

Quote from: Duplode on July 29, 2008, 07:43:48 PM
BTW Zak, should the rounding be modified, would the results be rounded down (like now) or to the nearest value (so that 45.5365 --> 45.54 and not 45.53)?
General math rules, so 45.54.