News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Head to head in 2008

Started by CTG, December 01, 2008, 11:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Current standings:

Ayrton - Duplode 10-0
Ayrton - Mark L. Rivers 9-0
Ayrton - Bonzai Joe 9-0
Ayrton - CTG 7-0
Duplode - Mark L. Rivers 4-5 (very tight!)
Duplode - Bonzai Joe 6-3
Duplode - CTG 3-4
Mark L. Rivers - Bonzai Joe 6-2
Mark L. Rivers - CTG 2-4
Bonzai Joe - CTG 1-6

For the 6th place

AbuRaf70 - Zak McKracken 6-4
AbuRaf70 - Super Brian 5-4
Zak McKracken - Super Brian 5-4

Cross-table will be published after ZCT90...

zaqrack

please if possible, also write a small article so I can publish it on site!

BonzaiJoe

Looks like I need to up my efforts :)
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on December 01, 2008, 05:05:03 PM
please if possible, also write a small article so I can publish it on site!

Sure I will. :)

CTG

Just found this: one of my unfinished projects. Excel stats were ready but the article... well, maybe only the 30 percent of what I wanted to write.

Quote from: lazy ctg (2009), "partial article"
Strange and very one-sided season - that's what an outsider can say about ZakStunts 2008 when checking the scoreboards: undisputed dominance of Ayrton. But if you look deeper in the numbers, you can find many interesting things about other pipsqueaks. What is the best way to compare them? Let's see the average rankings and stability of each pipsqueak's performance (standard deviation)!

No question, Ayrton ruled everything with his 100 percent performance. According to ZakStunts pointsystem, Duplode and Mark finished on the podium with quite good average rankings (between 3.5 and 4) but with quite a big deviation. The 4th place CTG showed up a more constant and bit stronger average performance from 8 completed races (only 2nd-4th places). The next interesting pack is the Zak-Super Brian-AbuRaf trio: quite a tight race in the championship and in the stats too, not exactly the same order as in the official results. Super Brian was slightly better than his two rivals: best average, most stable performance. About others... well, check the numbers to see! Table also shows the activity of each pipsqueaks: 5 pipsqueaks from 30 completed all the races, another 3 missed only one and 2 of them missed three. Basic pipsqueaks? :)

Another informative stat can be the cross-table of face-to-face races and the summarized record of each pipsqueaks. Ayrton's sum 137-0 is simply amazing... but some other drivers also have a good overall result. The 2nd-4th place drivers show a similar pattern as in the case of average rankings: Duplode 79.6%, Mark L. Rivers 78.4%, CTG 85.0%. What's more, their face-to-face comparison shows a significant dominance of the Hungarian pipsqueak: 5-3 vs Duplode, 5-2 vs Mark; while Duplode vs Mark finished with a damned tight 5-5. In the other pack only Super Brian had a positive balance (64-63, 50.2%) but his result versus Zak (45.3%) and AbuRaf (47.4%) was 5-5 in both case; while AbuRaf vs Zak 6-5... We can say Zak was a bit lucky with his pointsystem. :) It also worth to mention others with positive balance: Bonzai Joe 68.0%, Alan Rotoi 67.4%, Dark Chaser, CTG and Akoss Poo 66.7%, Chulk 64.8%.

What if we check nations? No surprise, Argentina is leading heavily thanks to Ayrton, although the summarized performance is only second behind Italy (Mark).

/MISSING PART/