News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0111

Started by Krys TOFF, December 03, 2008, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Nice opening from Chulk too, 1st one below the 55 seconds limit. ;)

Chulk

Yes, I thought it would be harder to reach that time. It seems that the race will be decided by the point pipsqueaks reach PG and how short the racing line is...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

I expect a centisecond war for the finish now. Not exactly what I though first but interesting finish of the season. ;)

Duplode

Well, I'm not surprised with this outcome - if there would be only one good way it'd be a centisecond war a la FTT0105 anyway; and even more so, the alternative racing lines that might be viable appear to be fairly well matched (at least the ones which do not get you 0:54, or 2:54, or 3:12 penalty for no reason... ::)). And besides that, I knew my initial time was rather pedestrian (even if this Paris has no sidewalks... ;D). Thus I improved it a little bit, if only to stay on the same page for now  :)

And Krys, I know you already reinforced that we're in a "shortcut free competition", but there is still one cut that needs your attention I think. Remember the trick you used on your SDR victory last year?(*) That piece of scenery road splitting from the final section of the track and rejoining just after the first corner is very, very inviting for a similar exploit. May I take it for granted that it is forbidden, in analogy to the arguments about, say, Z85?

(*) well, not just you but Brian, and me as well to less spectacular results...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 12, 2008, 11:02:06 PM
I expect a centisecond war for the finish now. Not exactly what I though first but interesting finish of the season. ;)

I'm still totally in the dark about the way to choose... I've not make trials in NORH, only in RH, and I'm still over 55"00... I'm becoming more and more worried...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on December 13, 2008, 04:12:17 AM
Well, I'm not surprised with this outcome - if there would be only one good way it'd be a centisecond war a la FTT0105 anyway; and even more so, the alternative racing lines that might be viable appear to be fairly well matched (at least the ones which do not get you 0:54, or 2:54, or 3:12 penalty for no reason... ::)). And besides that, I knew my initial time was rather pedestrian (even if this Paris has no sidewalks... ;D). Thus I improved it a little bit, if only to stay on the same page for now  :)

And Krys, I know you already reinforced that we're in a "shortcut free competition", but there is still one cut that needs your attention I think. Remember the trick you used on your SDR victory last year?(*) That piece of scenery road splitting from the final section of the track and rejoining just after the first corner is very, very inviting for a similar exploit. May I take it for granted that it is forbidden, in analogy to the arguments about, say, Z85?

(*) well, not just you but Brian, and me as well to less spectacular results...
This cut was found by SuperBrian, I just optimized it. Thanks again to him for this discover.
Anyway, there's no "checkpoints" in FTT. It's an open competition. Choose your path as you wish, but remember that penalty time will count. I tried the trick you're talking about and got from 2'48" to 3'24" (depending of the path chosen) so it seems worthless. ;D But yet, it's not forbidden.

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 13, 2008, 01:46:20 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 12, 2008, 11:02:06 PM

I'm still totally in the dark about the way to choose... I've not make trials in NORH, only in RH, and I'm still over 55"00... I'm becoming more and more worried...
Let me make a proposal : join Damage Inc. team from now to (at least) the end of 2009 (you don't have to bring with you a sponsor, Stunts is not F1 and there's no Stunts crisis :D), and I'll share with you my current best replay. 8) Tell me if you're interested. ;)

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 13, 2008, 03:23:22 PM
I tried the trick you're talking about and got from 2'48" to 3'24" (depending of the path chosen) so it seems worthless.
It was my first path choice but after around 9 or 10 RH tries, I always got Penalty Time, so I dismissed it and chose the (probably faster, at least so far) way you (probably) chose too.

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 13, 2008, 01:46:20 PM
I thought you were just kidding the first time you said that! It's not that hard to find, have you already looked at the map "in a proffesional way"?

Let me make a proposal : join Damage Inc. team from now to (at least) the end of 2009 (you don't have to bring with you a sponsor, Stunts is not F1 and there's no Stunts crisis :D), and I'll share with you my current best replay. 8) Tell me if you're interested. ;)
That doesn't sound honest, though I know Mark won't agree to that...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 13, 2008, 11:48:37 PM
That doesn't sound honest, though I know Mark won't agree to that...
Not honest ? Why ? Is it forbidden to share replays between teammates now ? ;D :P

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 14, 2008, 09:56:25 AM
Not honest ? Why ? Is it forbiodden to share replays between teammates now ? ;D :P

I didn't say it was illegal, I just said it was dishonest. I mean Mark joining a team just for a race or you using your replay to "blackmail" Mark into helping you next year...

Krys TOFF

I don't feel like I need help, I just race for the fun of it. The period when I raced hard for every centisecond ended in 2004.
And I know Mark doesn't want to join any team so... ;-)

Also, I proposed Mark to join the team not just for this race, but for at least a season (end of 2009 I wrote). SuperBrian wants to switch to manual gears and I think he could learn a lot with Mark. :P ;D

Mark L. Rivers

This morning I waked up with a thought about a possible line I could follow in order to lower my current (RH  :'() time, that is 55"50... :'( :'( :'(
It's really an hazzard, and I don't know if it will work (I'm stil not able to launch Stunts since this morning), but this is enough to make me a bit less worried...  ;)
And maybe I could try my first NORH trial, at last...  ::)

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 16, 2008, 04:57:31 PM

This morning I waked up with a thought about a possible line I could follow in order to lower my current (RH  :'() time, that is 55"50... :'( :'( :'(
It's really an hazzard, and I don't know if it will work (I'm stil not able to launch Stunts since this morning), but this is enough to make me a bit less worried...  ;)
And maybe I could try my first NORH trial, at last...  ::)
Happy to hear that! We'll finally have Mark on the scoreboard!

Krys TOFF

I'll post my improved time in the scoreboard only after Mark has posted at least a (weak) time. ;D
Is it a new leading time ? Maybe, maybe not. You'll see. :P

Anyway, I guessed 1st that 52" would be a winning time, but to be honest I'm not so sure right now. It will probably be 53" and not 52". Latest centiseconds are hard to catch.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 16, 2008, 06:15:08 PM
Latest centiseconds are hard to catch.
They really are. But I still think a high 52 is doable and will probably be the winning time. I had 53.10 in a run where I used RH only to rewind a crash on the last bridge. And I got PG later than expected and slightly touched the grass in 2nd corner while trying to cut directly to the fast grass.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 16, 2008, 06:23:18 PM
I got PG later than expected and slightly touched the grass in 2nd corner while trying to cut directly to the fast grass.
Mmmm... You're giving too many infos to Mark I think. Don't blame yourself if he beats you in the end. :P :D