News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0111

Started by Krys TOFF, December 03, 2008, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Last race of the season will be slightly delayed, as the website update with replays of FTT0109 (I still miss some of FTT0110) due to web access issues at home.
I can get to the database from my job but can't upload anything to the website as there's no ftp access, including the new active race page with new deadline (I still have to program a way to make it dynamic from the track deadline recorded in the database, once done and efficient this will not be an issue anymore but so far it still is).

FTT is an "open" competition with scoreboard updated as soon as a time is published and I don't want to upload the new track through the forum if people can't post their times.
I contacted my web provider and problem should be solved until the week end. Therefore, I officially declare that race time will still be 3 weeks but race start will be delayed by 1 week, so it means it will end 28th of December and not 21st.

Sorry for this unplanned delay. :-[

Mark L. Rivers

In order of

1) we have a very full month of races (Zak, USC, Jac, ISM),
2) final part of the month will see holidays for someone,
3) FTT0111 is the last race and fundamental for the title,
4) FTT0111 will be a multiway track, demanding more time in order to find the best path before to maxout it,
5) FTT site have still not LTB so it's not determinant publishing the times in the first days,

maybe you could anyway publish the track in this topic, declaring that last race is 25 days long instead of 21...
What do you think about?

CTG

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 03, 2008, 04:38:59 PM

4 paralel competitions isn't very much, I remember sometimes we had more in the past. I promise to join FTT and JACS as soon as I fix my computer situation.  ;)

Duplode

maybe you could anyway publish the track in this topic, declaring that last race is 25 days long instead of 21...
What do you think about?

I have no strong opinion about this suggestion, but I think there would be no problem in having the initial times published on the forum for a while.

Quote from: CTG on December 03, 2008, 04:44:47 PM

4 paralel competitions isn't very much, I remember sometimes we had more in the past. I promise to join FTT and JACS as soon as I fix my computer situation.  ;)

Maybe it isn't, but this month deadlines for FTT0111, Andhra (JAC#6) and Z90 will be on consecutive days, so it could be a bit annoying to race them all so close to the holidays... Nice to see you'll become a NoRH regular anyway  :)

Krys TOFF

Still no web at home but the phone was back this morning (why phone works and not ADSL web access ?!).
I'm not home tonight but I have hopes to see the web access back very soon, so here is the track I brought at work on a USB key.

Race starts on the Boulevard peripherique, close to the Bois de Vincennes. Then, what will be your choice ?
Will you stay on the Boulevard peripherique to stay on the longest, yet fast way ?
Will you turn left to Place de la Republique, then go through Buttes Chaumont
Or will you completely cut through Paris, racing close to Trocadero and take the Champs-Elysees (Stunts boulevard) before racing through the Arc de Triomphe (the lonely bridge) before reaching the 2 other ways at the Place de l'Etoile ?

Then, when reaching the opposite side of Paris, near La Defense, what will you do ?
Stay on the Boulevard peripherique once again, racing along the Bois de Boulogne ?
Or will you prefer to cut from the inside, using Boulevard de Grenelle close to the Tour Eiffel (the windmill) and the Parc du Champs de Mars to reach Montparnasse along to the Place d'Italie before going south to reach the finish part of the track on the Boulevard peripherique up to the finish line ?

Your choice. Have fun. ;)

Deadline for the track is confirmed 28th od December.

Mark L. Rivers

A thing is sure: all can happen...  :o
Anyway, very interesting and charming final for a great season!  :)

Chulk

Good thing you live in Paris. If you lived in La Plata, we would have a really boring track.

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Awful city map. Looks like 95% of USA towns. :P :D

Chulk

That is called "pre-designed" city. Easier and faster than most big cities in the world.

zaqrack

and its harder to get lost :)

zaqrack

OK, we have the track now, but what is the car?

Mark L. Rivers

The unique original car still not used this year: Indy!  :)

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on December 06, 2008, 08:23:42 AM
and its harder to get lost :)
Specially if streets are numbered (and don't use names anymore).
BTW, notice we have a square every 6 blocks (apart from the horse racetrack and the forest) which means you are 600m away from a green space at the furthest. That's something not many cities in the world can say about their green spaces.

Duplode

The obligatory question: Krys, is dual-way switching forbidden? Your track description on the news makes it feel that should be the case...

Mark L. Rivers

Oops... I had not thought about it...
I thought dual switching was permitted and I just made some test to find the absolute best path...  ::)