News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts graveyard

Started by zaqrack, December 29, 2008, 12:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Look what I've found laying around  ;D

zaqrack

zaqrack

BonzaiJoe

Those 4 original animated Zakstunts banners are really great actually. Maybe you should re-introduce them!

Thanks for making a banner for my Worldranklist  :D
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

teams... which ones do us remember?  ::)

zaqrack

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 29, 2008, 12:53:54 AM
Those 4 original animated Zakstunts banners are really great actually. Maybe you should re-introduce them!

Thanks for making a banner for my Worldranklist  :D

did I make that one? Did not remember, but now you mention it, slight memories are coming back.
The layout must be the predecessor of the current ZakStunts top image then :)

Maybe I should make a new banner based on these old ones... But where to put it?

BonzaiJoe

Actually I just assumed you made the WRL banner. I know I didn't!

I guess only the first banner is relevant these days because there aren't any huge Indy competitions you are trying to get pipsqueaks from, but if you just change the URL in that top banner, I think it would be really good today still. Where to put it... As always: Abandonware sites and forums, and... Hmm...... This one is for people who haven't played Stunts for a long time, so not inside the Stunts community. I don't know so much about the whole culture of gaming, I only play this game. Good question.
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on December 29, 2008, 12:42:11 AM
Look what I've found laying around  ;D
I just remembered the 1st one.

About teams :
1/ don't remember the team name, but it was the sequel to Noobs and Newbies with X_Dude_NL and Doelloos
2/ Euroteam Master Stunts (Argammon and Bismark)
3/ Fearless Skidmarkers, don't remember the members
4/ Headless Chickens, don't remember who was member too
5/ InterContinental Racing (Pershing 2 and Juank_23 if I remember it well. These 2 guys were noRH huge fans and should come back to play FTT)
6/ Karioca Stunts (some Brazilian were members, but don't remember their names
7/ Don't remember this one either, neither the team name nor the members
8/ Mimas Racing (Orion's sequel by Mingva and Alain)
9/ Noobs and Newbies (X_Dude_NL and Doelloos)
10/ Opponent Near (Bismark + Looping warriors + Unskilled Drivers)
11/ Poder Sudaka (Paleke's former team with other Argentinian guys)
12/ Red Arrows as it's written, but I don't remember this one
And what about Flying Dutchmen ? and Natural Born pipsqueaks ? And some others too (Looping Warriors, ...). I'm sure another one is also missing, a name with "Terror" or something.

Some are missing though, see attached :
1/ old Damage Inc. logo
2/ Pegasus Racing Team (used only in ISA/IRC 2002 by me and Seyia (Alain's young brother))
3/ Stunts Temple Pilots (used by Leo Ramone and me at IRC 2003, as this competition accepted only 2 members per team, like ISA before, so Alain and Mingva were Orion official members there)

zaqrack

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 29, 2008, 02:22:33 PM

And what about Flying Dutchmen ? and Natural Born pipsqueaks ? And some others too (Looping Warriors, ...). I'm sure another one is also missing, a name with "Terror" or something.

I only added the less known ones. There are some more files in the archive.
Anyway, you have a nice memory being such an old man, Krys! :) :) :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack
Old ?! Who is old ? :D

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on December 29, 2008, 03:31:11 PM
He has to. Palms, cel phones, address books and computers didn't exist when he was young...  ;D
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 29, 2008, 08:40:27 PM
Quote from: zaqrack on December 29, 2008, 03:31:11 PM
He has to. Palms, cel phones, address books and computers didn't exist when he was young...  ;D
For palms and cell phones, yes. But consoles and computer existed. :P

I played Intellivision (one cousin had one), Atari VCS 2600 (many school friends had one) or Philips VideoPac (I still have mine, but joysticks are dead sadly) consoles when I was a young boy. I quite missed the Sega-Nintendo first 2 generations of consoles that followed as I was more focused on computers at this time.

Computers of my youth now : Commodore 64 (I still possess mine), Amstrad CPC 464 and 664, Atari 800 XL and even a BBC Acorn when I was on visit in the UK with school.

Then came Commodore Amiga (a friend of mine possessed a Amiga 2000 which was also a PC compatible), Atari 520 ST (another friend had one), MSX computers (another different friend had one from Panasonic same as the one of the link) and the IBM PC (no link needed, you what what I mean with this one, don't you ? :D)

But long before that, I tested a good old ZX81 that was possessed by one of my uncles. 1kb memory, awesome ! ;D

My memory is a consoles and computers museum.

zaqrack

It was a tad bit more difficult in Hungary, until 1989 all the western computers were on the COCOM list, and were not allowed to import. One computer made a breakthrough in the 80s: the commodore 64.
But not legally, if some sportsmen travelled abroad, they bought dozens, sent them to some fellow Hungarians in Vienna, who disassembled them and sent to Hungary, where they were reassembled. This was a possible solution, as electronic parts were allowed to import, but not complete machines.
Ministries and government officials also got computers the same way as the CCCP's and the Hungarian computer industry was not really up to par with the western development.

I was really lucky, my parents travelled to London in 1986 (once in every 3 years it was allowed to travel abroad for tourism), and brought me and my brother a C64 + datasette hidden in their bag. I still have one (altough a different machine, as the original unfortunately died) and sometimes still play on it.

Our next machine was a Nintendo NES Entertainment System (around 1993-94) with Super Mario 3 and some other games. Then in 1996 we got our first PC as a present from a friend (a 386-DX40) with Stunts preinstalled, so I did not have to go to my friend's place anymore to play.

CTG

WOW, nostalgic topic! :) Just found the Damage site files written on an old CD... ;)

alanrotoi