News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Competition 2009: who will win?

Started by BonzaiJoe, January 05, 2009, 01:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

In the course of ZCT91, we will find out something very important: whether Ayrton is still playing. With nothing more to achieve, it is indeed possible that he will stop racing, but maybe he just loves the game and will keep playing, which I do indeed hope! His Stunts art is priceless, and even if he sometimes kills the contest, he brings an extremely high level to it, which makes it an honour to participate in. I doubt if Ayrton will win the 2009 season. This is simply because I expect him to have problems with motivation.

If Ayrton will not race (and also possibly if he will), the obvious candidate for victory is Duplode - this is because we expect this rising star to keep rising. He has done magic in his replays and shown potential for much easy improvement.

The second obvious candidate is Mark L. Rivers, who seems already to have reached a very high level of Stunts mastery. The championship could depend on how the fast cars are favoured this season, as Mark L. is known to be much better in them.

Then there is the option of a 2004, 2005, 2006 scenario where a relatively new pipsqueak would suddenly emerge, drastically improve and claim the championship.

A motivated CTG could be a serious candidate too.

I myself will have to be the extreme outsider, and I don't think there are other possible winners among the current pipsqueaks - for this season! - SuperBrian and dstien and others may keep improving and become Zakstunts champions in the future.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 05, 2009, 01:09:04 AM
A motivated CTG could be a serious candidate too.

Not anymore. 2009 will be my lazy year.

Ayrton - if he racing

If not:

Duplode 35%
Mark L. Rivers 30%
Bonzai Joe 25%
Alan Rotoi 5%
anybody else 5%

BonzaiJoe

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Alan Rotoi! I hope he keeps racing, then we have another serious contender.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on January 05, 2009, 08:27:55 AM
Duplode 35%
Mark L. Rivers 30%
Bonzai Joe 25%
Alan Rotoi 5%
anybody else 5%

New estimation:

Bonzai Joe 35%
Duplode 30%
somebody from South America coming back soon (Gutix, Rotoi, Chulk, Gelato Baker, Dark Chaser) 25%
Friker 4%
CTG 3%
else 3%

BonzaiJoe

You have high faith in my stability  :D

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

Chulk

Well... 7 secs is not that much for a start. I'm a bit rusty with RH. I'll try to shake it some more tonight.

zaqrack

just don't overdo it - so you won't hate it too much :)

Chulk

After further testing with the original IMSA's, Gate is the final choice.
BTW, is it only me, or do your Speedgate also say Porsche on the windshield?

zaqrack

It is only you!
Download the ZakStunts edition of Stunts right now and use that one for this years contest. You are possibly using an older version of the Speedgate, what is not allowed.

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on February 13, 2009, 01:51:02 PM
It is only you!
Download the ZakStunts edition of Stunts right now and use that one for this years contest. You are possibly using an older version of the Speedgate, what is not allowed.
Good thing I asked, then...

Overdrijf

If Ayrton decides to keep racing he will very likely win, but there is a catch. He will, because of the new rules, likely have to race some tracks without using powergear. There are four cars with powergear. Now let's say Ayrton uses one of them to win the race (as he usual does), then the next race it will get a negative bonus, last time this was -13%. Now he (and everyone else, for the sake of the argument) doesn't touch the car for 3 races in which it recovers 2+3+4=9%, then the next time he uses the same car it will have less bonus, meaning he will race with worse cars as the season progresses. You can therefor now place your bets, how many races can he win without switching away from powergear? 2 full seasons? 3 perhaps?

CTG

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 04, 2009, 10:43:40 AM
If Ayrton decides to keep racing he will very likely win, but there is a catch. He will, because of the new rules, likely have to race some tracks without using powergear. There are four cars with powergear. Now let's say Ayrton uses one of them to win the race (as he usual does), then the next race it will get a negative bonus, last time this was -13%. Now he (and everyone else, for the sake of the argument) doesn't touch the car for 3 races in which it recovers 2+3+4=9%, then the next time he uses the same car it will have less bonus, meaning he will race with worse cars as the season progresses. You can therefor now place your bets, how many races can he win without switching away from powergear? 2 full seasons? 3 perhaps?

You forget something: Ayrton can win with all the cars. Okay, maybe a not so tricky Acura track or a pure, USC-style IMSA race can be his "weak" point. No clue about LM002 but we won't ever have a race with that...

BonzaiJoe

Look at 82, 85, 86, 88....

Ayrton kicking arse in noPG Ferrari, Lancia, Carrera and Countach

True, we haven't seen him in IMSA, but I don't see why we should expect that he has a weak point. He's probably fantastic in IMSA cars.