News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Kart

Started by Krys TOFF, January 05, 2009, 02:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Reducing dash/dasm/dast/whl1/whl2/whl3 vertically would, however, make the file quite a bit smaller, now that we (kind of) know how to set mystery bytes. BTW, there is another catch: ins(m)1/3 coordinates are relative to ins2 - they do not appear at all on your original dashboard because Y=147+166 is well below the screen. Setting their Y to zero on your original file causes them to interfere with ins2 and trigger the graphical corruption instantly when the game is paused. That should be accounted when restoring your original inm/ins and setting the definitive unknown values.

Another speculation: I wonder if dasm might act on dash as well as dast - probably not, but worth trying maybe...

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on May 06, 2009, 05:03:56 PM
Another speculation: I wonder if dasm might act on dash as well as dast - probably not, but worth trying maybe...
Nope, tried that. dast goes over dash, but dash is visible where dast/dasm is transparent.

I'll try the resizing and setting the bites, but first I have some real work to do. I really hope I can concentrate mostly on college for a few days without stunts calling me all the time. ;)