News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Restunts repository - Git mirror

Started by dreadnaut, March 19, 2021, 12:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Speaking of drivers, it's worth mentioning that with the Restunts builds you can choose the sound driver with command line switches when launching the executable: /spc, /ssb, /sad and /smt for PC speaker, Sound Blaster, AdLib and MT-32 respectively.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on December 13, 2023, 12:34:37 AMSpeaking of drivers, it's worth mentioning that with the Restunts builds you can choose the sound driver with command line switches when launching the executable: /spc, /ssb, /sad and /smt for PC speaker, Sound Blaster, AdLib and MT-32 respectively.
That was a reason for me to include a new setup program and stunts executable similar to the original of the game in the new original package.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

viniciusferrao

Quote from: Daniel3D on December 13, 2023, 01:06:15 AM
Quote from: Duplode on December 13, 2023, 12:34:37 AMSpeaking of drivers, it's worth mentioning that with the Restunts builds you can choose the sound driver with command line switches when launching the executable: /spc, /ssb, /sad and /smt for PC speaker, Sound Blaster, AdLib and MT-32 respectively.
That was a reason for me to include a new setup program and stunts executable similar to the original of the game in the new original package.

Yes, the whole point of the new `setup.exe` program is to regenerate `stunts.bat`, which is cleaver since it will replicate the old functionally, but if I understood correctly that piece of software is closed source and not part of the restunts project.

Daniel3D

Quote from: viniciusferrao on December 18, 2023, 05:10:58 AM
Quote from: Daniel3D on December 13, 2023, 01:06:15 AM

Yes, the whole point of the new `setup.exe` program is to regenerate `stunts.bat`, which is cleaver since it will replicate the old functionally, but if I understood correctly that piece of software is closed source and not part of the restunts project.
It's not closed source, but Indeed also not part of the stunts code.
It's made by CAS in free Quickbasic and I have the source, but I'm not sure if I have the latest version. It wasn't shared because it is not complete. The basically unnecessary installer isn't working yet and I had some related plans regarding car management that I wanted to include.
Personal life got in the way of continuing it though.

Included the unfinished source and a file list that was to aid in making an installer that could differentiate between game files and others.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

I made Setup2 in QuickBasic to resemble the original Setup. I don't know if I put license text somewhere, but I usually make everything free software under the GPLv3... so if it doesn't have it and you need it, I can add the license text.

The original Setup is part of Stunts and it's not free software. Important thing to note: while Restunts consists primarily in source assembly code, it is not free software (or "open source"). Stunts and any derivative product are "abandonware". We expect that we'll never get a word from the copyright holders and if we do, they probably will be OK with us to continue to do what we do and maybe even we could pay to have a special permission, but in the best case scenario, it'd become freeware, not free software. Good reason to make a new engine!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.