News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

A tribute to the Champion

Started by zaqrack, January 11, 2009, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

I have prepared a tribute to the Champion of 2008.
Cheers to Ayrton! Enjoy the fame. As for the other pipsqueaks - enjoy the video! (and sorry for the music selection.  ;D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9Rd6lABI4

Mark L. Rivers

CTG

Annoying... :-\ (not the video but the season)

Krys TOFF

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on January 11, 2009, 08:47:21 PM
Cheers to Ayrton! Enjoy the fame. As for the other pipsqueaks - enjoy the video! (and sorry for the music selection.  ;D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9Rd6lABI4

Don't be sorry, music is just as great as the video!!! BTW, I had to use the link, if I press play directly from the forum, it says, video no longer available.

That 270 in the elevated corner he just flyes by is simply amazing.

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 11, 2009, 10:12:55 PM
"Produly presents", lol
I saw that too  :D
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

If I think over this season, there were only 2 or 3 races when Ayrton's replay seems to be beatable by a 99 percent motivated other top driver. Unfortunately BJ, Duplode, Mark and I couldn't/didn't want to kill as much energy in a track as he did. Ayrton had soft and lazy opponents in most of the races. Shame on us!

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on January 11, 2009, 10:23:03 PM
Quote from: CTG on January 11, 2009, 10:18:00 PM
Shame on us!
Yes! Shame on you! Be like me instead!  ;D

Nope, I feel good being like me. ;D (skizo sentence)

Mark L. Rivers

If I think over this season, there were only 2 or 3 races when Ayrton's replay seems to be beatable by a 99 percent motivated other top driver. Unfortunately BJ, Duplode, Mark and I couldn't/didn't want to kill as much energy in a track as he did. Ayrton had soft and lazy opponents in most of the races. Shame on us!

I have only a big regret: ZCT80, as you can see in the attache image, my final gap has been only 0,40 seconds, losing about 1,5 seconds between red line and brown line... a suicide...

Duplode

The video makes any comments unnecessary... and the soundtrack is very appropriate too  ::) ;D

If I think over this season, there were only 2 or 3 races when Ayrton's replay seems to be beatable by a 99 percent motivated other top driver.

That seems accurate. Races where Ayrton's lap appear to be beatable include Z80 (as Mark explained), Z84 (if only we got to reach/keep PG after the first loop...) and Z89 (that cork u/d will probably be my one regret for a long while...).

zaqrack

BonzaiJoe

Now as then, unbelievable replays. I found myself just shaking my head and laughing at how blinding his tricks are. I also like the focus on his corners on ZCT82. It takes an aficionado to appreciate it, but they are so beautiful. It's like watching a Stunts dream.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Nice to have that clip back! Hopefully the lifting of the block applies to other similar cases as well...

JTK

Unluckily I cannot watch the video. When I start it it says, this video may not be looked at in my country... :(
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Duplode

Quote from: JTK on November 02, 2010, 11:29:45 PM

Unluckily I cannot watch the video. When I start it it says, this video may not be looked at in my country... :(

I made an alternative upload at Dailymotion, which is a site less affected by copyright BS: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfhzfx_zakstunts-2008-champion-ayrton_videogames Hope that that helps  :)