News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Numbers about yourself

Started by CTG, January 18, 2009, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Quote from: zaqrack on August 06, 2013, 08:59:46 PM
Days I lived alone in my entire life = 0.

I was living alone for ca. 1 year (this is the sum of a few shorter periods).

Places where I lived:
1982-1987: Hódmezövásárhely, flat of my parents, no. 1.
1987-1988: Szolnok, flat of my parents, no. 2.
1988-1993: Szolnok, flat of my parents, no. 3.
1993-2001: Szolnok, flat of my parents, no. 4.
  +1997-2001: spending the weekdays of the schoolyear in Budapest (dormitory)
2001-2007: Szolnok, flat of my mother
  +2001-2004: university hostel, no. 1. in ~80% of the year.
  +2004-2007: university hostel, no. 2. in ~90% of the year; includes 5 months alone (my roommate moved to a lodging).
  +2007 Jun-Aug: Stavanger, university hostel (2 months alone), than a shared rental flat
2007-2012: Budapest, with my girlfriend/wife; our son also joined us in 2008 :)
  +2009 Jul-Aug: Stavanger, 2 months alone in a rental flat
2012-2013: Stavanger, alone for 5 months, than with my wife & my son
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on August 09, 2013, 10:57:49 PM
they desperately try to prove that they are "special"

But since you can see 8537848 clones on the street, they aren't special at all. ;D

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 09, 2013, 05:31:14 PM
I don't know why they create a lot of new words just to say "nerd" :D

Those are guys who are unable to make an achievement in science/sports/art/a hobby/their job/their family life/etc., so they desperately try to prove that they are "special". If one word doesn't sound so "special" anymore, they have to invent another one...

Btw, hipsters don't occur in the nature, so I'm sure that 99% of Iceland's area is free of them.  8)

All young people are like that. They seek a personal identity and they seek to belong. It's a beautiful process that people go through in different ways.
By the way hipsters didn't invent the word "hipster", it appeared as a derogatory term used against them by people who want to marginalize them. Same as "nerd", "jock", "thug", "punk".
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 10, 2013, 12:24:34 AM
They seek a personal identity and they seek to belong. It's a beautiful process that people go through in different ways.

Different ways? COPYCATS!

Usrin

Those are guys who are unable to make an achievement in science/sports/art/a hobby/their job/their family life/etc., so they desperately try to prove that they are "special". If one word doesn't sound so "special" anymore, they have to invent another one...

Btw, hipsters don't occur in the nature, so I'm sure that 99% of Iceland's area is free of them.  8)

All young people are like that. They seek a personal identity and they seek to belong. It's a beautiful process that people go through in different ways.

Yes, it would be somehow natural for VERY young people, under the age of 16-17. They have still not had enough time for achieving a real goal in the life. But those forming the "hipster culture" are adults. It's sad that there are so many whose life would be empty without such a silly self-identification...

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on August 10, 2013, 12:32:46 AM
They seek a personal identity and they seek to belong. It's a beautiful process that people go through in different ways.

Different ways? COPYCATS!

Not everyone is a hipster.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Usrin on August 10, 2013, 01:22:25 AM

Yes, it would be somehow natural for VERY young people, under the age of 16-17. They have still not had enough time for achieving a real goal in the life. But those forming the "hipster culture" are adults. It's sad that there are so many whose life would be empty without such a silly self-identification...

That's just a blasé comment spoken about a culture you have no insight into. You wouldn't say that about something you had seen from the inside. The hipster culture is just as good as any other culture. Like most cultures, it offers more than self-identifcation. It offers activities, creativity, community etc.

What is 'a real goal in life' to you? And do you feel the same way about sports fans, nerds, hippies, goths, picsácipö girls and everyone else who isn't culturally neutral?

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on August 09, 2013, 12:53:49 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 09, 2013, 12:51:24 PM
You're 4 years behind. It's not cool to hate hipsters anymore. Move on.

Their lifestyle is damned far from mine. And try to listen the ByeAlex song more than twice - you will be immediately 50 years behind.

actually I listened to one yesterday on the radio and whereas it's not exactly my style, I think it is quite good, a decent pop song with some bitpop, (that always helps :)).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhZQreN9tI

zaqrack

anyway, nothing beats "accidental Chinese hipsters" as us, Shanghai expats call them! This old man great example I found in the Century Park on a nice spring morning.

alanrotoi

zaqrack

pic was taken on March 15. It's 7-15 degrees that time of the year, and as far I can recall, this day was not different, a maybe on the warm side.
for the full picture: we were without coats :) Shanghainese tend to overdress when it gets "cold".

BonzaiJoe

Usrin

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 10, 2013, 07:49:31 AM
That's just a blasé comment spoken about a culture you have no insight into. You wouldn't say that about something you had seen from the inside. The hipster culture is just as good as any other culture. Like most cultures, it offers more than self-identifcation. It offers activities, creativity, community etc.

What is 'a real goal in life' to you? And do you feel the same way about sports fans, nerds, hippies, goths, picsácipö girls and everyone else who isn't culturally neutral?

For me, a real goal in the life is something what makes the life of other people better, and/or contributes to the common heritage of mankind (scientific knowledge, works of art, etc.). Being a hipster or following any other, currently fashionable lifestyle is not like this. I'm sure that after 100 years (or even less) nobody will know that hipsters ever lived on Earth.

alanrotoi

Does hipters watch "The big bang theory" show to learn how to be cool?

Usrin

Quote from: Usrin on June 29, 2010, 12:11:03 PM
West: 57° 08' 35" N, 2° 06' 37" W - Aberdeen, GBR

This record will be smashed tomorrow: I'm flying to Manchester, located at 2° 16' 30" W. :) I hope I'll find some REAL (not crappy British) beers to celebrate that!