News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Numbers about yourself

Started by CTG, January 18, 2009, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

New Record!

Highest elevation reached on foot: the Bystrá (Hungarian: Sebes, Polish: Bystra) peak (the highest point of the Western Tatras), 2,248 meters above sea level.

We started from 930 meters above sea level (Podbanské/Podbanszkó, Slovakia), that means 1,318 meters of absolute elevation gain, which is also a record. We followed the path: Pysné sedlo (Köves-nyereg in Hungarian, Pysznianska Przelecz in Polish) - Blyst (Bliszt in Hungarian, Blyszcz in Polish) - Bystrá (Sebes).

What a shame, I lost my camera during the hiking...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 14, 2014, 11:32:24 AM
New Record!

Highest elevation reached on foot: the Bystrá peak (the highest point of the Western Tatras), 2,248 meters above sea level.

We started from 930 meters above sea level (Podbanské, Slovakia), that means 1,318 meters of absolute elevation gain, which is also a record. We followed the path: Pysné sedlo - Blyst - Bystrá.

What a shame, I lost my camera during the hiking...

No "potty"? :D

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

Thanks. Next goal is the mighty Rysy (Tengerszem-csúcs, Meeraugspitze, 2,499 m above sea level) in the High Tatras, on the Slovakian-Polish border from Strbské Pleso (Csorbató, Tschirmer See ~1,300 m above sea level). Though the elevation gain would be less, this is a more difficult climb, at least technically.

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 15, 2014, 09:32:55 AM
Thanks. Next goal is the mighty Rysy (Tengerszem-csúcs, Meeraugspitze, 2,499 m above sea level) in the High Tatras, on the Slovakian-Polish border from Strbské Pleso (Csorbató, Tschirmer See ~1,300 m above sea level). Though the elevation gain would be less, this is a more difficult climb, at least technically.

Why don't you simply go by car? I guess many 2500+ mountains are available on road. ;D

(I hate to leave the paved road - both in Stunts and real life)

My next hike in the Slovakian(/Southern Polish) mountains will be the 25th of mine there.

Let's see some stats about the previous 24.

First: 1999-05-22 (Holló-szikla/Havrania skala, 1153m, Slovak Paradise)
Last: 2014-10-11 (Felsö-Kopa-hágó/Vysné Kopské sedlo, 1933m, Belianské Tatras)

Highest: 2014-09-13 (Sebes/Bystrá, 2248m, Western Tatras)
Lowest: 2011-06-18 (Dunajec River Gorge, ~450m, Pieniny Mountains)

Highest elevation gain: 2014-09-13 (Sebes/Bystrá, 1318m, Western Tatras)
Lowest elevation gaim: 2011-06-18 (Dunajec River Gorge,  below 50m, Pieniny Mountains)

Most difficult: 2012-10-13 (Giewont, 1894m, Polish Tatras)
Easiest: 2011-06-18 (Dunajec River Gorge, ~450m, Pieniny Mountains)

Slovakia: 22
Poland: 4

Mountain Ridges:
High Tatras 9
Slovak Paradise 6
Polish Tatras 2
Western Tatras 1
Pol'ana 1
Lower Tatras 1
Slovakian Ore Mountains 1
Pieniny Mountains 1
Vihorlát Mountains 1
Belianské Tatras 1

Travelled with me:
Lupuszka 11 times
Ildi 8 times
Hatalmas, Zsíros Seggü Erika 6 times
Vikkancs 5 times
My mother 4 times
My father 3 times
Vörösné Ildikó 3 times
Mariann twice
Katica once
Ján Slotás Peti once
Gunnar once
Batman once

Organization:
Bagyinszki&Co. 20 times
Kiss Tamás once
Hegedüs Zsuzsa once
Gunnar (by car) once
Ján Slotás Peti (by car) once

Most active year: 2011 (6 trips)
Least active year: 1983-1998, 2000-01, 2003, 2005-07, 2009 (0 trips)

(To CTG, there are not so many 2500+ mountains available by car... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paved_roads_in_Europe )

629.09 km

CTG

Hatalmas, Zsíros Seggü Erika ;D
(=Enormous Fat Ass Erika)

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on October 13, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
(To CTG, there are not so many 2500+ mountains available by car... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paved_roads_in_Europe )

Who said that you have to limit yourself to European mountains? :D

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on October 13, 2014, 02:10:32 PM

Cime de la Bonette (3th in that list) is recommended for Looping Warriors.  :)

Btw, I'm travelling to Italy next week for the annual meeting of our company. Based on the plans, my 18-year-old altitude record (2037 m) will be broken, as we're going up to ~2900 m on Mt Etna.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

So much for my 2248m record... I only had a better record than Usrin for 1.5 months...

629.09 km

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on October 14, 2014, 11:52:42 AM
So much for my 2248m record... I only had a better record than Usrin for 1.5 months...

Your West, East and South records will be still better than mines, and that probably won't change in the near future.

My chances of traveling further than your current records in the next 5 years: west - 0.5%, east - 10%, south - 40%.
The chances of breaking my personal records in the next 5 years: east - 25%, south - 45%, west - 55%, north - 85%, altitude - 99% (now) or 25% (after accomplishing the Etna hike).
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

alanrotoi

Mine is Cerro Catedral 1500-2000m (not the top of the mountain). That's where they took my "Alan Rotoi" picture :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerro_Catedral

zaqrack

West record to be broken soon! I will travel to the US (New Hampshire) next week.
I have been working here for five years... the company never bothered to invite me. Now that I have resigned I am expected to travel immediately to facilitate knowledge transfer. Funny...

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 22, 2014, 04:25:14 AM
Funny...

Rather disappointing. Most of the companies have a strange (disgusting) policy when you want to leave / go to another department.

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on October 22, 2014, 04:25:14 AM
West record to be broken soon! I will travel to the US (New Hampshire) next week.
I have been working here for five years... the company never bothered to invite me. Now that I have resigned I am expected to travel immediately to facilitate knowledge transfer. Funny...
US and China. Zak probably owns the East/West distance record
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)