News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Numbers about yourself

Started by CTG, January 18, 2009, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on October 22, 2014, 09:54:42 PM
Quote from: zaqrack on October 22, 2014, 04:25:14 AM
West record to be broken soon! I will travel to the US (New Hampshire) next week.
I have been working here for five years... the company never bothered to invite me. Now that I have resigned I am expected to travel immediately to facilitate knowledge transfer. Funny...
US and China. Zak probably owns the East/West distance record

Poo will say it's a cheat!!! ;D

zaqrack

West record to be broken soon! I will travel to the US (New Hampshire) next week.
I have been working here for five years... the company never bothered to invite me. Now that I have resigned I am expected to travel immediately to facilitate knowledge transfer. Funny...

My first date with the international dateline coming up this weekend... Flying 11900km in 5 minutes. Sounds fun - except for the 13+ hours to be spent on the plane  :)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on October 22, 2014, 10:02:39 PM
Like I care what a confessed cheater considers cheating
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

The international dateline! What a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaO3AXaiTIc

May you cross it well.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

zaqrack

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 23, 2014, 01:13:27 PM
The international dateline! What a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaO3AXaiTIc

May you cross it well.

I have already copied this song to my phone - hope I can listen to it at the right moment :)

CTG

It's just an arbitrary border, nothing serious will happen. :D

BonzaiJoe

It's not completely arbitrary. It's the opposite of the Greenwich/Paris meridian, which was established there because it was center of European/Western culture.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 24, 2014, 11:34:09 AM
center of European/Western culture

Which is also quite an arbitrary one. Just like monetary system, religions or any (human created) law.

BonzaiJoe

Then we don't agree on the definition of arbitrary. What's not arbitrary to you? Gravity? And why not?

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 24, 2014, 04:31:32 PM
Then we don't agree on the definition of arbitrary. What's not arbitrary to you? Gravity? And why not?

Everything defined by a human, but not based on a scientific phenomenon.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on October 22, 2014, 10:02:39 PM

It's not a cheat, but we haven't counted the destinations which were only reached by flying on plane.

If we change this, I've been to Greenland (moreover, the northernmost point of the island, which would be my new North record by far), Canada (including the northern territories of it), the Faroe Islands, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland and Iceland, spent some time among Eskimo people. And I've also been to the Czech Republic, France, the Netherlands and Switzerland. Moreover, my West record is also a bit better, because the plane to San Francisco in 2011 reached westerly places than the International Airport and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Here I am, beating my North record in 2013:

Well, good idea...

My record beating pictures are:

629.09 km