News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Numbers about yourself

Started by CTG, January 18, 2009, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

impressive! any symptoms due to less oxygen there?
When I was biking in Switzerland, we only went up to 2200, but we already felt some effects.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: zaqrack on September 02, 2015, 11:49:25 AM
impressive! any symptoms due to less oxygen there?
When I was biking in Switzerland, we only went up to 2200, but we already felt some effects.

I must take breath more often and more deeply - and it is different than running out of oxygen because of tiredness.

And sometimes I also experience that my motion becomes somewhat slower.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Shoegazing Leo

My height record, If I'm not wrong is only 1.430 meters at the Anhangava Peak, 1994. (Anhangava is a word what only portuguese speakers, gallego speakers and maybe paraguayans can speak correctly).

Unbelievable, but second height record within a week!

This afternoon I went to the Bükk Mountains to ride my bike.

Route: Kazincbarcika (135 m a.s.l.) - Sajószentpéter - Parasznya - Varbó - Fónagyság - Mahóca - Csókás - Szentlélek (740 m a.s.l.) and back, 62 km total. Not much before Szentlélek, there is Köpüs-nyereg (Köpüs Saddle), according to Google Earth, it is 754 m a.s.l., which is my new height record with BIKE. 619 m elevation gain, that's also a very good number (at least at the age of 31, at the weight of 97 kg, with a not-too-good mountain bike). More than 500 m out of this 619 m came in the last 10 km on my route to Szentlélek.

629.09 km

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 04, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Route: Kazincbarcika (135 m a.s.l.) - Sajószentpéter - Parasznya - Varbó - Fónagyság - Mahóca - Csókás - Szentlélek (740 m a.s.l.), 62 km total. Not much before Szentlélek, there is Köpüs-nyereg (Köpüs Saddle), according to Google Earth, it is 754 m a.s.l., which is my new height record with BIKE. 619 m elevation gain, that's also a very good number (at least at the age of 31, at the weight of 97 kg, with a not-too-good mountain bike). More than 500 m out of this 619 m came in the last 10 km on my route to Szentlélek.

I almost read Bukkake Mountains... OUCH!

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 04, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Route: Kazincbarcika (135 m a.s.l.) - Sajószentpéter - Parasznya - Varbó - Fónagyság - Mahóca - Csókás - Szentlélek (740 m a.s.l.) and back, 62 km total. Not much before Szentlélek, there is Köpüs-nyereg (Köpüs Saddle), according to Google Earth, it is 754 m a.s.l., which is my new height record with BIKE. 619 m elevation gain, that's also a very good number (at least at the age of 31, at the weight of 97 kg, with a not-too-good mountain bike). More than 500 m out of this 619 m came in the last 10 km on my route to Szentlélek.

Well, today I was not working. I went instead a bike trip. Good weather was promised: sunny, weak/moderate wind, mild temperatures.

I broke my height record by reaching 903 metres (according to Google Earth) between Farkas-nyaki-elágazás and Bánkút in the Bükk Mountains. Endomondo only said 894, but it is not very precise. Dom from metnet.hu, knowing the Bükk well, also said that the road to Bánkút reaches 900 m before finish, but then descends through the finish.

Route: before Szentlélek, the same as last week. Then: Csikorgó - Farkas-nyaki-elágazás (Wolfneck Cross) - Bánkút (880 m, 903 m before finish) - Nagy-mezö (Large Meadow, 780 m) - Zsidó-rét (Jewish Meadow) - Olasz-kapu (Italian Gate, 885 m) - Gerennavár (Gerenna Castle, ~700 m) - Millenniumi Kilátó (Millennium Viewpoint, ~600 m) - Szalajka-völgy (Szalajka Valley, ~400 m) - Szilvásvárad - Nagyvisnyó - Dédestapolcsány (~200 m) - Fúcking annoying and tiring ascent (310 m) - Tardona - Kazincbarcika.

This is 86.42 km, with lot of ascent and descent. 14.24 km/h average, counting everything (eating, drinking, shopping, red lights, photo, having a rest etc.), that is surprisingly good I think. I went alone by the way.

This is a top5 bike distance in my whole life (probably exactly 5th, record: 123 km with Usrin, Kazincbarcika - Eger - Kazincbarcika, 11th June 2004), but by far the most difficult trip. Also a chance for the biggest sport result ever completed by me.

Now I'm fúcking tired, but it was worthy.

629.09 km

zaqrack

nice to read about such a bike trip! What was the total elevation covered? Was it on tarmac or dirt road?
I hope to be able explore the Bükk mountains next year in a bit more depth.

Quote from: zaqrack on September 10, 2015, 11:44:14 AM
nice to read about such a bike trip! What was the total elevation covered? Was it on tarmac or dirt road?
I hope to be able explore the Bükk mountains next year in a bit more depth.

Of course it was tarmac, though it was of bad quality from Varbó to Szilvásvárad, especially on the Bükk Plateau.

Total elevation:
if I count only the bigger climbs, there were:
- from Kazincbarcika to Bánkút, from 135 m to 903 m, this is 768 m (most difficult part: from Lake Varbó to Bánkút, 16 km, elevation gain: 700 m, with very steep parts)
- from Nagy-mezö (780 m) to Olasz-kapu (885 m), this is 105 m
- from Dédestapolcsány (200 m) to the last steep but short climb (310 m), this is 110 m.
Sum total: 993 m. Though there were several minor ups and downs on the route, so in real, the total covered elevation is more.
Endomondo says 2187 m total ascent, but this sounds too much. Maybe it took every little ascent into account, and also some hundred meters were added by the inaccuracy of the GPS. https://www.endomondo.com/users/20780060/workouts/598352418
I would say 1200 m - 1400 m is realistic.

I think there is only one more difficult tarmac climb in the country, climbing Kékes from Gyöngyös. The Bükk Mountains are really worthy to be explored, nice routes and bike routes especially over 700 m (which covers a significant part of the mountain range).

http://www.mvte.hu/HOTT.html - I think this route was a bit more difficult than the Herman Ottó 65 route.

629.09 km

Sports activity this year so far:

1620 km cycling (on 59 occasions)
20 km running (on 7 occasions)
380 km hiking  (on 21 occasions)
3 km swimming (on 3 occasions)
64 table-tennis matches (won: 64, lost: 0, sets: 127-10)

629.09 km

Well, plus one country visited: Switzerland.

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Who do you play table tennis with?  :D
But we can't be quite sure.

629.09 km

dreadnaut

Quote from: dreadnaut on May 05, 2013, 08:46:02 PM
For me:

• West and south around Lisbon, Portugal: 9°14' West and about 38°30' North
  • Toward east... I don't remember ;D Some place east of Prague, school trip 14y ago. Let's say 15° East
  • North, last summer: 71° 11' on the Knivskjellodden
The east record has been smashed by the travel to Japan :)

• East: Narita Airport, Japan - 140° 23' East
  • South: Nara, Japan - 34° 41' North
I think the next trip will have to be to the Southern emisphere!

European countries where I have been to, see map (attachment).

Red: I've been to
Yellow: transit on mainland
Light blue: only flown over the country

(Outside Europe: USA red, Canada light blue.)

629.09 km

Ouch, I forgot to add Ireland and Iceland to the light blue zone. With that, the Northwest-Southeast axis is more prominent. :-)

629.09 km