News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 92 - Freaker's first podium?

Started by CTG, January 31, 2009, 11:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Damn! You made it. I'm racing it as soon as I can.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

zaqrack

definitely :) welcome back!  ;D I promise to race FTT more seriously in exchange. Do we have a deal? :)

BonzaiJoe

Zak: I can't find the thread, but as it looks to me, the Audi now has less bonus because Böbszlee drove a lap with it on the last day and finished 20th. What is the underlying logic in that? I know it's not a big deal, but I always get too annoyed about things that are irrational  :)
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 05, 2009, 12:57:23 PM
Zak: I can't find the thread, but as it looks to me, the Audi now has less bonus because Böbszlee drove a lap with it on the last day and finished 20th. What is the underlying logic in that? I know it's not a big deal, but I always get too annoyed about things that are irrational  :)

yes it was a strange coincidence which also caught my attention. The reason for leaving it as it is was that I wanted to follow the rules, but I started to think about how to prevent such cases.

CTG

Sorry, I suggested her to use that car because of the good bonus/handling ratio. It would be better to count only the TOP12 cars. Or all of them, but with smaller "penalty" behind the first 12.

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on February 05, 2009, 10:42:08 AM
definitely :) welcome back!  ;D I promise to race FTT more seriously in exchange. Do we have a deal? :)
Done! See, that's what I like... Giving and receiving!

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on February 05, 2009, 02:03:08 PM
It would be better to count only the TOP12 cars. Or all of them, but with smaller "penalty" behind the first 12.

Top 12 seems reasonable as of now; even better, it could be implemented as, say, top 60%, so that variations in the number of pipsqueaks wouldn't distort the system. A "smaller penalty" in this situation would mean granting the affected cars +1% instead of +2% (half the normal bonus)... IMO it would be fine (and potentially less confusing) to give full bonuses for cars beyond the cutoff.

Quote from: Chulk on February 05, 2009, 04:28:07 PM
Done! See, that's what I like... Giving and receiving!

That sounds fun... :)

Chulk

zaqrack

Quote from: Duplode on February 05, 2009, 04:30:29 PM

Top 12 seems reasonable as of now; even better, it could be implemented as, say, top 60%, so that variations in the number of pipsqueaks wouldn't distort the system. A "smaller penalty" in this situation would mean granting the affected cars +1% instead of +2% (half the normal bonus)... IMO it would be fine (and potentially less confusing) to give full bonuses for cars beyond the cutoff.

OK, I'll sumbit a vote about this.

Krys TOFF

I promise to race FTT more seriously in exchange.
Zak says, and Zak act ! He just took the leadership of FTT0202, overtaking Mr-comeback Gutix. ;)

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 05, 2009, 06:47:08 PM
I promise to race FTT more seriously in exchange.
Zak says, and Zak act ! He just took the leadership of FTT0202, overtaking Mr-comeback Gutix. ;)
Yes, now I really feel moraly forced to race ZCT92 in exchange. Will do it tonight, as weekend will be busy with socials...  ;)

CTG

Modification:

0 - Ayrton
1 - Bonzai Joe
2 - Duplode
3 - Gutix
4 - Friker
5 - CTG
6 - Super Brian
7 - Zak McKracken
8 - Chulk
9 - AbuRaf 70
10 - dstien

Friker

i dont think i will be in top10. i have no time and actually im ill so i bet on my poor luck and lancia :)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on February 09, 2009, 12:38:52 PM
Modification:

0 - Ayrton
1 - Bonzai Joe
2 - Duplode
3 - Gutix
4 - Friker
5 - CTG
6 - Super Brian
7 - Zak McKracken
8 - Chulk