News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Wonder Ride - A Tribute to Mark L. Rivers

Started by Duplode, February 26, 2009, 01:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

A video tribute in honour of one of the greats...
General observations:
- It's not on YouTube due to their "audio fingerprinting" system that cut off the sound without a hitch.
- It's my first attempt at video editing, so I can only hope it makes justice to Mark.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Dpld/video/x8hydy_wonder-ride-a-tribute-to-mark-l-riv_videogames

zaqrack

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

BonzaiJoe

Great work!
Nice to see the quotes too - and I was particularly impressed by the noRH clips which I hadn't seen before! Well done Mark L.  :o
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

I don't think he's retired... he's just on a long break. I hope to see some similar high level replays from him in the future.

I think some of the other great retired drivers (Akoss Poo, Alain, Argammon, Dottore, Renato Biker, etc.) also deserve a tribute video. And some of the semi-active pipsqueaks too, like Gutix and Rotoi.

Chulk

Great video. I'll miss him in NoRH. Our battles back in SDR were great!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

AbuRaf70

Excelente video...

Mark se merece esta distinción, por ser, junto a otros, un Gran Maestro del Stunts.
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

BonzaiJoe

Have you sent an email to Mark about this thread?
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

It's not necessary, BJ, I'm here...

Well... it's a wonderful gift...

Thank you, really thank you so much for this present, Duplode. The sequences you picked, the music you chose and, above all, the thoughts that pushed you to realize your video, are a clear evidence about which person you are, a fine man, a man with noble sentiments. A friend, for me.
And this thread with so many accolades and attestations of esteem from all of you, remember me a touching scene of one of my favourite film ever, "A beautiful mind". I mean when the protagonist, John Nash, is sitting in the bar of Princeton University and all his old fellows give him their pen, as a sign of agnition and acknowledgement. Not exactly the same thing, but with a very similar meaning and feeling for me.
Thanks all for all this. When I'll put again my Stunts helmet, it will be for you.

Krys TOFF

Wow, nice tribute, well done Duplode.:)
And it's nice to see you stay in touch with us Mark. ;)

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 02, 2009, 09:08:23 PM

But I guess you would prefer Lise's touch... ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on March 02, 2009, 11:30:16 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 02, 2009, 09:08:23 PM

But I guess you would prefer Lise's touch... ;D
OK, you're right. :D

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on June 15, 2007, 07:37:11 PM
What is L in Mark L. Rivers? :)
Maybe now that he retired (even if hopefully not for good  ;)), he can tell us what that L means...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on March 05, 2009, 05:25:47 PM
Maybe now that he retired (even if hopefully not for good  ;)), he can tell us what that L means...
Lise ? :D

Overdrijf

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 05, 2009, 10:36:03 PM
Quote from: Chulk on March 05, 2009, 05:25:47 PM
Lise ? :D

My money is on "likes", he's a kayakker, or a fisherman, or perhaps a stunts maniac who likes to jump over water with a car...