News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Alan Rotoi confesses

Started by alanrotoi, March 10, 2003, 06:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

I want to tell you how will be my participation in the stunts competitions this year. First of all, the 24th of March I'll start again the university period 2003. I want to have good results so it will my main objective this year. The study and the work added to some other personal things (not bad things) will reduce my free time to 1/4 (almost nothing).

Some months ago (oct or nov) I said it in the chat, that I'll have a lot of free time until March. Well, this free time is over.
About my motivation it's... I'm more motivated to be in a scoreboard than to race and race to have the performance I had until now. But at the same time I know I won't like to see me loosing possitions knowing I can do it better, I guess nobody likes it. This is a very personal thought.

What I'm trying to say with all of these?
1. Sorry to FSC, stuntslol, unkilled and ACT contests designers because the more I'll do is a listfiller, my best listfiller. The other competitions will see me every month but not as I was.
2. I can't see me fighting the year's Zak's season 1st place. Congrats to the winner whatever it will.
3. My motivation is falling down too. I know when I won't have time to race my motivation will come back. I know, it happened before :D.
4. Forget MeganiuM homepage updates :D.

I say it for many reasons, I don't want to give up, I love the community, I have fun in the chat and in the forum and (It's a bit complicated to me to say it in english) I won't feel so good seeing all of you racing "here" and "there" and I a bit out of the community.

And the last, I chose between real life and the fun. It's more interesting real life, for sure. It's "sad" when a pipsqueak can't give all of him or when he gives up like it was with Roy Wiegerinck, Rui Figueiredo and many others.

My life is changing and in only two weeks will change a lot more. I'm so excited to see what will come. But to see that, I must leave some things (again a very personal thought).

Well, that's all folks. See you on chat/forum!!

al il professore

whatever happens, u will stay my lovely rotoi!

i feel the motivation down too. I cant play at relaxed mind, because i dont feel the same when driving.

I need a rest, because being a pro demands intensity and commitment.

some new newbies will replace us. "the next generation" is pushing hard. I am eager to see if they will push the envelope better than we could.

u will always be the legendary alanrotoi, shining in the stunts heaven, with poets to celebrate your dates and ancients will remember ur geste.

noone will do better than u in ISA competition. no newbie will ever fight harder in the first five month.

u are the fangio of stunts.

but we deserve that u had a longer career. of course its easier to choose real life to stunts. u should make a place for stunts in the real life.

personal thought: the best's worse enemies is the best's personal thoughts
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

"u are more motivated to be on the scoreboard" ah ah ah

because in the past, ur problem was that u couldnt stand not to be the first? and only being on the scoreboard was an insult?

Then, when u were the best, no one could beat u and it was so long (three months) that u lose motivation?

Then, Bonzai Joe beat u only because u fall down in motivation?

That was my opinion, and u just confirm it.

Look at the others careers: akoss and ben snel. They are one of the best stunts drivers, because they always did their best, with their heart.

(I read your plaints and laugh out! Now i figure out why i never wanted to win a race)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

Alain is right in saying that when the day comes that you retire, you will be remembered as the king of your age! Stunts Valhalla is awaiting you. But I'm sure that day is still far away, and you have many more races to drive. Sometimes we have a lot of time, sometimes we don't, but we'll all survive through those times. Personally, I've been having a lot of time lately, but all the way from May - August, I will almost have no time at all. It's just a period.
Alan reigned three months, I reigned three months, and now Alan won ZCT22, so maybe three is the maximum amount of wins you can get in a row? :) (Too bad Roy proved that wrong)

The bottom line: Don't leave, we wouldn't know what to do without you :)
But we can't be quite sure.

al il professore

leave, i well know what i will be doing without u

alanrotoi

Well, my first 'stage' in the stunts community just finished. It was very precise, from April 23th of 2002 to March 23th of 2003. From now on (and following the argentina economic measures) you'll see a devaluated Rotoi.
A less participative and easy to beat Rotoi, as alain likes :D.

I would like to close this stage with a better result in zak's competition but I couldn't. Let's see how I start this one.

The Oracle's temple doors will be opened of course!

PS:27 races in 2002 and 7 in 2003!! That is regularity :D

Arg

Well...... I would just like to say that you ain't the only one being busy(studying,gf,work,whatever)

I guess I would be right if I would say there were only 2 drivers who spend a lot of time on stunts between November last year (when I came back) and today.

Considering this you might not beat the only one left driver who spends a lot of hours on stunts (Bonzai) but you can still beat the others who already spend less time on stunts earlier than you.

I would say from now on you will see what 'place' this competition had in my and other drivers life.Only a small one,and definatly not worth more than 3 hours a month :)

-Arg

Arg

And another thing:

I am pretty tired to hear: Driver XXX was the best of his time.....

1) You can't compare drivers because the time they spend on stunts is VERY varying.

2)Some way the drivers use replay handling is a lot of different as well.

Please just see this over 12 year old game as a nice 'side' issue and not as a real competition please.
If you want to really compare the drivers you got to wait until someone finishes a network code internet capable for this game or else you will never know so speculating doesn't get you anywhere.

-Arg

BonzaiJoe

That's like saying "you can't say Einstein was a better physician than me, because he spent much more time with it than I did" - if you really believe you are better than everyone else, show it once, just once.
We have also invented live racing to try to compete without the time factor. Results turned out to be almost the same as in the competition.
We are racing in a Stunts competition to compete, otherwise there would be no point of a competition, we could all just race for ourselves.

Arg

-->That's like saying "you can't say Einstein was a better physician than me

Very bad analogy! It's so bad it's even hard to answer it!
Just be aware how hard it is to compare two physicians anyways:
Who is better? The one with most breakthrough's? The one understanding ALL known theory? Or the one being able to connect knowledge with practical use? As for physicians you cannot cleary say who is good or bad either.Of course Einstein is better than me as I'm not a physician at all but you could also say I am a better stunts pipsqueak than my 5 year old cousin who never played this game.
Sorry your logic seems to be inconsistent here.

-->If you really believe you are better than everyone else, show it once, just once.

I don't think I ever mentioned that nor did I in my preceding post.
Anyways would you please remind yourself of your results before you joined corks crew? Rather mediocre I would say.
Now did you get a skill boost all of a sudden? Very unlikely.
So there are only 2 possibilities :
1) You are spending a lot more time on driving as you did earlier
or
2)You are cheating this way or another.

Now I don't want to say that you are cheating as this would be a mean thing to do.
The conclusion would be that 1) would be right which does support my theory that good results mainly depend on the time invested.

-->We have also invented live racing to try to compete without the time factor. Results turned out to be almost the same as in the competition.

For once I have only been doing life racing very few times 3 out of 4 times it was on a track (like old ISA tracks) which most of the others including you already drove on earlier while I along with others drove it the first time.
Another point is that I don't believe in life racing as it's to easy to use replay handling and cheat while other drivers are honest and don't do it.

-->We are racing in a Stunts competition to compete, otherwise there would be no point of a competition, we could all just race for ourselves

If you replace we with I you would be right.
Of course the other drivers don't try to lose either. They just invest a lot less time into a 12 year old game as there are a lot of more important/ interesting/newer stuff to do.And even if there is not I can cleary think of more interesting things to do than to drive stunts for hours.
Sure it's fun to do some 10-30 min runs during the month but that's enough for me and I don't see why I should sit down and drive 3 hours just to drive 0.50 faster.

-Arg

BonzaiJoe

You forgot the important third and fourth options, which is 3) That I've obviously, as everyone else, become better with experience, as my gradual up-going curve counting from my debut in January 2001 shows. 4) That I have a strong teammate to help me find shortcuts and tricks. The only other times a teammate helped me to find shortcuts and tricks was Pershing II in March and April 2002.
As for the physician analogy, surely it's not the best of analogies, but all the examples you bring in are completely irrelevant, as I am only trying to point out that it is really your own problem how much time you spend on something, and hypothetic statements can be obviously unfounded.
Of course you didn't say that you are better than everyone else. If you did, it would make you look terribly bad. But it's a continuing characteristic that everytime you don't win, you have to blame it on something, as to indicate that if it wasn't for that, you would have won. Now you may say this shows that I am the one who has delusions of grandeur, and yes, I do believe I currently only have one real opponent at Zakstunts, which is Alan Rotoi, and until someone proves that wrong, I will keep believing that. I believe in results.
It is the most important thing in a live event that the track is new to everyone, which is why always use a completely unknown track, except on the odd days when we drive a track that everyone knows. If we drive a track that some of us know, and others don't (I don't remember such a situation), everyone is of course aware that the results will be affected by this, and can't be taken as an indication of who is the better driver.

alanrotoi

Well Arg...... I would just like to say that you are the only one being disorientated here.

I guess I would be right if I would say there were only 1 driver who spend a lot of time on the forum between November last year (when you came back) and today writing to spite.

Considering this you are an annoying driver but you can still be more annoying and then leave the community 'very offended' as you did before.

I would say from now on you will see how 'tared and unconscious' this competitor thinks you are, and for sure many other drivers too. You are only a small pipsqueak who attacks the others with the facilities that the forum gives and definately your speech is getting boring, change to a new one.

-Alan Rotoi

Arg

Bonz: Not much to say,I guess we disagree on the factor time has on stunts results but I guess I've to live with that.
Other than that the personal statement regarding me was a bit out of place but it's nothing I really worry about.

Now on to rotoi:
I tried to bring up sensible arguments why I think time has a huge influence on stunts results and why I think that different ppl spend a different amount of time.
Now what are you doing?
Bringing up no new point to the discussion but instead you bring up very bad and low minded personal attacks vs me.
I know your english is not to good (mine is not perfect as well but not as bad) so I guess you might have misunderstood what I was trying to say but still if that's the case you have no reason.And I say no reason to act like this.
If you disagree with me fine.I can't even force anyone to agree with me but the way you take the piss on me is a joke.You've been continuelly being hostile towards me since I came back.

'You are only a small pipsqueak who attacks the others with the facilities that the forum gives and definately your speech is getting boring, change to a new one. '

With attacks like that YOU are the one who is attacking me continuessly while I tried to make a point in a discussion..

And I will repeat ,you can disagree and you can think whoever is/would be best as you want.But the way you open flame battlefields is just a joke sorry.

Arg

-->I guess I would be right if I would say there were only 1 driver who spend a lot of time on the forum between November last year (when you came back) and today writing to spite.

Now on to the subject:
90% of all drivers made more posts on the board than I did.
sorry you have no point

alanrotoi

"90% of all drivers made more posts on the board than I did.
sorry you have no point"

Because you always post like a guest, many annoing messages were sent like this.