News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

hotud.org

Started by Duplode, April 09, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Recently it came to my attention the famous Home of the Underdogs abandonware site, which had been in trouble for a long while, is being rebuilt from the old database under a new address. Since users can add their own reviews to the game pages, I felt it wouldn't hurt to write something about our game...

http://www.hotud.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21851&catid=42:sport (scroll down to see user reviews)

It is a little bit long-winded maybe, but hopefully a few people will read it and realize the game is so good it still has an active community  ;)

Chulk

Nice review! If even one newbie comes along, it will have worth the effort.  ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Overdrijf

Home of the underdogs is back again? Cool...

Krys TOFF

HOTU changed from .com to .info some years ago but website was dead : no news and update for ages. Then website disappeared 2 months ago due to webhoster bankrupt.

This is when Fringer aka Underdog realized that HOTU was abandonned for too long and gave the database backup public in Excel file for a revival. Check her blog there for more info : http://www.fringer.org/?p=416

Jim9137

Heya, lovelies.

Thought I'd post here, since CTG once asked me to send replays of HOTU comp (god, were I young and excited back then...), and apparently lost that email. HOWEVER, I do still have the replays lying about in my HDD, in case some people still want them. Probably some of the tracks too, though I have a feel I may have deleted a bunch of them from the way of new ones. Anyway, just in case someone wants them, I thought I'd post.

On that note, it's nice to see that the Stunts community is alive and well. Stunts remains as one of my favorites, even after all these years.

Duplode

Hi Jim, nice to see you have come here :) I didn't know CTG was going after these replays, but they will surely be welcome for inclusion in the next edition of the Competition Archive (as for tracks, it seems we have them all except for the very first one from 2002 and the first of the second edition in 2003 - but anyway if you have only the winning replays of the races we can recover the tracks from them). Thanks!  ;)

Jim9137

There you go, all the replays I could find in there. I think my geocities and HOTU account had more, but those are sadly both gone now. :(

Anyway, my duty is here done, and I shall wish everyone happy racing, and vanish back into the 'nets. :)