News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Zólyom (USC 66)

Started by CTG, April 29, 2009, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Will be kind of fun to challenge a whole army with former and future champions, even with this bitter background.

BonzaiJoe

I will race tomorrow and sunday! If I don't, please tell me I have to.

And not for bitter reasons  :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 29, 2009, 10:13:56 PM

Indeed a linear race, with not big cuts or jumps... You're talking about a trick, but... really I don't see it...   ::)   Wow, 4 months without a race and... are you saying I lost in a so bad way my shape...?

No way, Mark - I did really mean it when I said I can't pull off the trick I saw!  ;D :D ;)

CTG

Duplode did everything he could do for the undisputed championship title (1:18.15!!!) - let's see how BJ's conspiracy plot will work in the next few hours. And another crucial question: will I find any motivation to choose racing instead of drinking tonight? ;D

CTG

Quote from: CTG on June 01, 2009, 04:24:15 PM
will I find any motivation to choose racing instead of drinking tonight? ;D

Mediorce solution: a poor improvement is coming soon. Maybe good for having enough time bonus points... ;)

Edit #1: 1:20.30 with a crappy ending at the moment...

Edit #2: 1:18.15, draw! Shall I keep pushing or can I start the heavy drinking? ;D

Mark L. Rivers

I was sure I had to re-drive the first part of the track...  Really a pity that I had not enough time to do it...
I won't be on the podium, but this race deserved to take part in it, and I'm glad anyway to be on the scoreboard.

CTG

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on June 01, 2009, 10:25:01 PM
I was sure I had to re-drive the first part of the track...  Really a pity that I had not enough time to do it...
I won't be on the podium, but this race deserved to take part in it, and I'm glad anyway to be on the scoreboard.

And we are all very glad to see you again on the track! About the podium: we will see... :)

CTG

Checking result: LOL!!! ;D

CTG

CTG

Site updated - with every additional stuff (WRL, stats, analysis, replays, track pack, etc.).

Firstly: Stand up for the champion, Duplode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npXwdEt38wY#noexternalembed

Secondly: TRIPLE DRAW!!! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KbV7oGBM5A#noexternalembed

Duplode

Literally, this is EPIC WIN  ;D Only issue for now is how to squeeze three winners into a single column of the Competition Archive .txt datasheets  :D As for the "personal duel", in the end this hazy finish is all for the best - CTG has the largest points total, I have more victories, he beats me by the minimum gap in head-to-head, I had at least one throwaway-ish race, he lost at least one race he would never lose in normal conditions... and this result allows us all to say: who cares?  :)

Congratulations to all pipsqueaks in this final showdown, thanks to CTG for being the enthusiastic host he always is... and special thanks to BJ for pointing out quite a few extremely silly mistakes on some laps that would cause me to waste guaranteed points (or better, waste even more guaranteed points than I actually did)  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Well, I had said this race deserved to take part in it and I was not wrong! Astonishing triple-draw, and I'm really happy to climb on the tallest step of this podium for a final photo with two of the best top drivers ever!  :) :) :)
Congratulations to Duplode for his great season and to CTG for the precise and accurate management of this championship.  :)
Bye all!  8)

BonzaiJoe

That's something of a finish, I must say! I'm at the 4th place to make you all feel better about your results ;)
Congratulations to Duplode for winning the competition! USC is a prestigious historical competition. And thanks for findings tricks and shortcuts allowing me to get nice results with very little effort on some tracks :)

Now, let's all turn toward CTG and clap at him for so long that he comes out again and restarts the competition. I don't know how to live without it! It will feel very lonely with only Zakstunts around, and USC was always the cutting-edge competition with exhilarating tracks and a special feeling to it.
Deep inside, we know CTG is not a quitter, only a wannabe-quitter :) So let's make this a short break and then let USC move on!

(and of course I'll be disappointed if you say anything but "nope, sorry, this time it's real - the end", CTG ;))

But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Thanks for the nice words!

I have something for you guys - telling a lot more than a simple analysis. Enjoy the TOP4 run at Zólyom track in the same time! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1AwT_Btmp8#noexternalembed

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on June 02, 2009, 05:50:14 PM
Thanks for the nice words!

I have something for you guys - telling a lot more than a simple analysis. Enjoy the TOP4 run at Zólyom track in the same time! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1AwT_Btmp8#noexternalembed

Amazing video and very interesting analysis!
First of all, I have to congratulate also with BJ: his first part of the track is really great! He lead until 35" and only an evident lack of time to play impeded him to be on the podium: congratulations again, BJ!  :)

Second highlighting, I have to say that I'm really surprised to see that I'm the fastest on the 270° on the elavated corner!  :o  Elevated corners (above all 180° or 270°) have been always a little problem for me, and really I didn't think to be so fast!  :)

Third, there's only a difference about the line chose by the fastest 4, that is the entrance on the 2nd elevated tract: Duplode and CTG inside the corkscrew (with unavoidable stopped-slide, very good anyway the execution), BJ and me outside it, but I succeeded to avoid the stopped-slide executing a "normal" curve at 245 Mph that permitted me to take the lead until the end.

Well, in every way you see this race you can see only a wonderful race by 4 passionated stunts drivers: a real great show!  :)