News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Replay view

Started by zaqrack, May 06, 2009, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Have you ever wondered, that in Stunts, the standard replay handling panel (F3 view) why has a Ferrari F40 as the symbol on the left side? Makes no sense to me.

BonzaiJoe

I have never wondered about that. A new thing to wonder about after 14 years of Stunts! I also just found out that you can press "C" to switch camera angles in replay mode.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 06, 2009, 08:39:16 PM
I also just found out that you can press "C" to switch camera angles in replay mode.

I knew it earlier (1995) than the F1-F4 thing (1998)... ;D

That's something like A-Z shifting (1998) vs Space-Enter (2003) for me.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on May 06, 2009, 09:08:03 PM

so between 1995 and 1998 you did not know how to shift at all?  ;D

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on May 06, 2009, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: CTG on May 06, 2009, 09:08:03 PM

so between 1995 and 1998 you did not know how to shift at all?  ;D

I used auto gears, don't you remember? ;D

Friker

=-O ive never wondered about Ferrari, because ive never been interested in..
about keys: for me keyboard shortcuts are basics which are important to comfort playing. so there are no new things about keyboard layout for me.
't' stands for switching opponent/your view
'd' with/without your dashboard (opponents cannot be seen - guess why ;) )
('s' or 'd' stood for "view gearbox" in GP circuit or test drive 1)
'm' for mouse drive (i dont think one can ever use this thing :))
'p' for pause
space/enter was unimportant and undiscovered until GP circuit played on hard :) but in stunts a/z combination was discovered first (maybe from test drive where you was forced to drive with "manual")
keypad - the same as arrows ('9' = up + right - which can be better in some situations)

in F3 replay view you can control direction with space => (hold space and tap up/down in +/-) or (hold space and tap arrows in "X") for changing point of view of camera - its easier and faster

generally use more keyboard less mouse :)

Duplode

Quote from: Friker on May 06, 2009, 11:56:59 PM
in F3 replay view you can control direction with space => (hold space and tap up/down in +/-) or (hold space and tap arrows in "X") for changing point of view of camera - its easier and faster

Hey, I didn`t know that one!  :o :)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on May 07, 2009, 12:44:44 AM

Not only Space, but also Enter is good for that.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on May 07, 2009, 02:20:08 AM
Quote from: Duplode on May 07, 2009, 12:44:44 AM

Not only Space, but also Enter is good for that.

Oh wait, then I do know that one - it's so automatic I even forgot about it  :D

BonzaiJoe

Extra facts:

Did you know Wordsworth is quoted on the game pack?

"And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath
A traveller between life and death."

CTRL-J switches to joystick mode

CTRL-Q quits the game (from anywhere)

Use SPACE or F1-F10 to toggle between windows in the track editor

Use C to check the track for errors

Shift-F10 for terrain editor

CTRL-G to set graphics level while racing

About penalty time: "Missing a jump or corkscrew will cost you more penalty time than missing three pieces of regular track" - did not know this, if it's really true...
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on May 06, 2009, 08:29:28 PM
Have you ever wondered, that in Stunts, the standard replay handling panel (F3 view) why has a Ferrari F40 as the symbol on the left side? Makes no sense to me.
It would make sense if someone developed a Ferrari F40... Duplode? CTG? Overdrifj? Cody? (Where is Cody?)

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 07, 2009, 12:03:23 PM
Extra facts:
About penalty time: "Missing a jump or corkscrew will cost you more penalty time than missing three pieces of regular track" - did not know this, if it's really true...
We should try it out. Missing 3 pieces and then missing a jump or corkscrew and compare.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on May 06, 2009, 08:29:28 PM

There is one connection: As you might be aware (from the opening credits) Distinctive Software Inc. also developed The Duel: Test Drive II just a year before Stunts, and that game featured the F40 (alongside with the Porsche 959). Wikipedia also tells us that official expansion packs for Test Drive II included ZR1 and Countach as well...

Quote from: Chulk on May 07, 2009, 03:23:07 PM
It would make sense if someone developed a Ferrari F40... Duplode? CTG? Overdrifj? Cody? (Where is Cody?)

Roughly speaking, the F40 is an over-the-top supercar evolution of the 288 GTO we have in Stunts, so there is a base model to start with already if someone decides to tackle this. Similarly, the Porsche 959 was the supercar predecessor to the more ordinary Porsche Carrera 4...

Quote from: Chulk on May 07, 2009, 03:23:07 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 07, 2009, 12:03:23 PM
Extra facts:
We should try it out. Missing 3 pieces and then missing a jump or corkscrew and compare.

Funny how we (myself included) know so many deep things about Stunts inner workings and yet aren't still 100% sure on how penalty time works  :)

CTG

I only know getting 18 seconds penalty means you are very close to a great trick... ;D

Duplode

Speaking of keyboard shortcuts:I can`t believe it took me until now to realize F5/F6/F8 in CarBlaster allows copying multiple bytes from one car to the other! Don`t even want to think about the minutes lost, let alone the unnecessary hand and wrist wear... >:(

zaqrack