News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts 8.0

Started by zaqrack, June 26, 2009, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Now it doesn't give the error, yet it seems the bonuses aren't being correctly loaded, the corrected value returned is a very small one (around 0:00.1x).

Duplode

I see that's fixed as well, thanks Zak  :)

There is another little addition that might be useful... I realize the left menu of the site is already lengthened almost to the break point, but still it could be nice to back-link to stunts.hu using a "Competition Portal" or similar link. In fact, I think adding easy-to-reach links to the Portal should be standard convention on site design (after all, the Portal is the closest thing to those web-rings which were so prolific on past ages. The fact that most pages these days reside on the same server would make for a somewhat unusual ring, but anyway... :D)

zaqrack

I unified the track pictures (improves quality, saves bandwidth) yesterday night and also uploaded the trackblaster view of each track - you may find it on the bottom of each scores page.

I did not forget about the pipsqueak profiles page, just had no time to code. Another stat popped into my mind: infos per pipsqueak on the best and average result achieved with each car.

Also cleaned up the site files, removing some obsolete stuff and archived it. For hardcore stats fans:
ZakStunts, excluding the database currently occupies 35 MBytes
this consists of the following:
Site php code 700kB
Track pictures and archives 4.5MB
Time Machine 3.1MB
Articles and their pics 3.6MB
Stuff for download  17MB
Pictures, images 5.7MB

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

Quote from: Chulk on November 01, 2009, 12:20:25 AM
Quote from: zaqrack on October 31, 2009, 10:25:18 AM
Time Machine 3.1MB
What is that?

click on Archives 2001-2003, then on Time Machine under the 2001 column. Enjoy :)

zaqrack

I finally managed to spend some time coding the profiles page Click on any pipsqueak name to see the current progress. It is nowhere near complete neither content nor layout-wise, but as usual, your comments are welcome!

zaqrack

layout was tuned and more content added
still more to come!

CTG

WOW! Btw is it possible to add 2001-2003 data for each pipsqueaks?

zaqrack

I have to convert some databases, the dual league results would disappear for sure. The biggest problem is, that the pre-2004 database uses a one entry per track storage system instead of a one entry per replay. So we can only get seasonal results, the stuff you can see now on the profile page, and no further details (which will be available later on the 2004+ data)
Will do the conversion once the rest of the profile page is coded :)

Duplode

I was going to make a list of low-priority tiny bugs on the site for future use by Zak but nearly forgot it. Mingva's post on the news reminded me of them though:

Quote from: Mingva@ZakNews
Some bugs: when pressing on pipsqueak in newbie league it shows blank profile page. Another one is with Pitman: in overall standings his status is newbie but on track scoreboard he's missing in newbie standings.

Other little things:

• On Statistics >> Sent Replays Analysis, 2010 data is not available yet.
  • Similarly, Statistics >> News Spamming only goes up to Dec '08.
  • On the Seasonal Results table of the new Räcer Profiles, 2010 shows up before 2009 on the ordering of the rows.
  • Still on the pipsqueak Profiles, the final position for the current season is displayed according to REAL, making the results look weird early on the season. (maybe the best thing to do would be - if possible - to eliminate/blank that field for the current season, as it is only a partial result and it affects the "average final position" statistic.)
  • On the 2003 season scoreboards the default ordering is done according to Z21 results, and trying to change them to SUM or some other column blanks the page.

And finally: I am sure this is in your future plans, Zak, and I'm also sure I already mentioned it somewhere else (therefore, sorry for being annoying... :)), but anyway I'd love to see the return of the personal räcer profiles (with funny background stories and all) - maybe there could be link to them on the current räcer stats page?

zaqrack

thanks!

all fixed but the 2003 scoreboard and the extension of the current profiles page - hopefully I  will not forget these...

CTG

CTG is drunk. Again. Finally. Böff!!!

zaqrack

Please let me know if there is any specific improvement you would like to see on the website...

Duplode

For now, just a clarification: will races end at 20:00 (as the rules and counter say) or at 23:59 (as you mentioned on the other thread)? I am completely neutral about this choice, BTW.

zaqrack

23:59, I just forgot to modify the relevant code. Thanks for the heads-up!