News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Force Ten

Started by zaqrack, August 03, 2009, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

I spent 30 minutes with the track, but I thought it makes no sense to continue the replay without power gear after the first jump so no finished session for now.

Is starting from the truck allowed? :)

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on August 03, 2009, 10:27:57 PM
I spent 30 minutes with the track, but I thought it makes no sense to continue the replay without power gear after the first jump so no finished session for now.

The first charade to be solved, I guess... :)

Quote from: zaqrack on August 03, 2009, 10:27:57 PM
Is starting from the truck allowed? :)

ZOMG, a loophole...! :D

CTG

First test... quite a weak lap from me.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on August 04, 2009, 02:10:54 AM
First test... quite a weak lap from me.

Even if it is actually weak, it will surely have an effect...

AbuRaf made me realize there was a glaring omission from the ruleset - namely, explicitly forbidding jumping over corks u/d (I had set to rewrite the relevant rule but never actually put it back). Fortunately, that does not affect this track, so I will just update rule C.3 at once...  

CTG

There's only Chulk on the official scoreboard...

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on August 05, 2009, 10:24:59 AM
There's only Chulk on the official scoreboard...

D'oh... :-X fixing right now.

Mark L. Rivers

There was no way...

For what...?

First of all, it was impossible that Duplode didn't give breath to a contest. When the passion beats so strongly inside, there's just to wait before to see a great champion becoming a great contest manager...

Second, knowing the personal qualities and the personality of Duplode, it was impossible that his contest could be different from what it is. High details level in every section of all the charming pages, where a sort of perfection seems to seep from every word and every pixel: a jewel... :)

Third, even I'm forcedly quite far from the circus, it was impossible for me not to take part in a so refined contest above all managed by a friend like Duplode. I can't promise excellent results due to my shape, and neither a full presence in all the races due to my lack of time. But I'll give my best so to honour this contest and his manager. Starting from my outset realized today just after a week of holyday: I didn't interrupt the current leading time, but I'm quite satisfied after a short session without sound... ;)  Just a final comment about the track. It's lovely, with some great tracts as the last 10 seconds of race: guessing the right path of the 270° before the last corner is an exciting exercise of geometry... :)

Chulk

Hi there Mark! Nice to see you raced even just in 10 mins. If you had fun during those 10 minutes, it was definitely worth it!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

And if he raced just 10 minutes he used them really well  :)

Cas

Hi, you all!  I'm in. Still warming up, but I'm in!  I'll be sending another, better time, soon. Cheers
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

CTG

Silent 'maybe' for joining, hope for winning back any kind of motivation. Nice contest!

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on August 11, 2009, 11:52:09 PM
And if he raced just 10 minutes he used them really well  :)

Yes, IF I had raced just 10 minutes... but my attempt was a bit more long, even if not very long... ;)

Anyway, I've just sent my first lap with sound, unfortunately just a bit later in order to fight for the leading time, by now assigned...  ::)

Krys TOFF

Welcome Duplode into the ranks of contest managers. ;)

Duplode

Thank you monsieur, I hope you'll find the installations hospitable  :)

---

I should mention we have, with less than 72 hours to the end, a new leader. I recommend everyone to follow his example and try to climb up  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

I'm not completely satisfied about my race. There're at least two places where I know I could be faster, but... this is what I'm actually able to do. So, a podium would be a good result for me, let's see...