Stunts - the Game > Stunts Reverse Engineering

I think I resolved the old NORH problem

(1/5) > >>

Cas:
Guys, I've been lost for so long that I don't know if there's already anything better... there's so much I have to read!  I think you were using videos to verify the NORH races so far and that had some problems, like you could not run Stunts from pure DOS and that you might edit the videos... whatever. Today, I believe, I have found a simple solution to prove that a replay was recorded without RH. The idea came to me several years ago, but it seemed too complicated to accomplish. Now I'm surprised I've solved most of it in four nights. I hope this is still useful.

What I attach is my program Vizcacha (pipsqueak version). I will not publish the tournament administrator version here, but I have e-mailed it to Duplode. You can also e-mail me and ask for it. The program still needs some work, but already does the trick. It inhibits the "Continue Driving" and "Load RPL" options. Please do try it and tell me how it works, report bugs or suggest anything if you're interested. Thank you all for working so hard for Stunts :)  I hope my little contribution is worth it!

zaqrack:
this really does sound promising!

As Duplode is on holidays, could you please also send me the admin version? I'll do some tests - and if it works, 2010 will mark the start of a new era in Stunts :)

zaqrack:

--- Quote from: zaqrack on August 15, 2009, 02:59:55 PM ---As Duplode is on holidays, could you please also send me the admin version?

--- End quote ---

No, Zak is stupid, Dottore is on holidays, Duplode is not. Anyways I would be glad to help testing.

Zak

CTG:
Does that mean no more RH competitions? If yes... well, I'm out forever. And who knows, maybe somebody can hack this method too.

Duplode:

--- Quote from: CTG on August 15, 2009, 07:57:37 PM ---Does that mean no more RH competitions? If yes... well, I'm out forever.

--- End quote ---

Because you dislike NoRH? But you always took part, even if only sporadically, in NoRH races...
Due to lack of time? But isn't it true that RH optimization can potentially eat much more time than NoRH retries? (even if it is easier to make a listfiller with RH, for obvious reasons)
Anyway, I guess that if this method succeeds it won't take long for someone to make a RH contest out of nostalgia. And I always thought RH racing has some value in itself as a valid modality  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version