News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Battery

Started by Duplode, August 23, 2009, 02:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

(Original title: Track 2...)
...is being designed right now. First draft was almost two minutes long so I'm shortening it a bit. I still haven't decided which car will be used...  ::) although my shortlist has only two viable options at the moment.  

Duplode

Track open to visitation. Despite the fact I can assure you that this will be the slowest race of the season, it is also a sort of public opinion test - your reactions to it will be one of the factors in some design decisions further down the road. So, if you hate the thing, be vocal about it... but try and race it at least once! ;)

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mingva

Just completed my first lap. Actually had a nice ride on slow corners then pushing on max in speedy straights. I'd say track is more enjoyable than previous one. Perhaps of slowly car? Only terrain is miserable, so no nice views from car window  >:( 

zaqrack

Quote from: Chulk on August 24, 2009, 10:14:58 AM
ü
probably this album has the most Stunts references ever :)

Duplode

Quote from: Mingva on August 24, 2009, 08:35:22 PM
I'd say track is more enjoyable than previous one.

1UP  :)

Quote from: Mingva on August 24, 2009, 08:35:22 PM
Only terrain is miserable, so no nice views from car window  >:( 

The ugly layout is intentional. Since the title track/track title is rather at odds with such a slowish Audi course, something had to be aggressive in the design  ;D By the way, those scattered track elements are actually most of the rejected first draft for the track...

Mingva

Is this allowed, or out of staying on track rule:

Can I enter corkscrew left/right in both ways or just as shown with green arrow?

Duplode

Quote from: Mingva on August 25, 2009, 09:37:12 PM
Is this allowed, or out of staying on track rule:

1. I had never stopped to think about that;
2. My rules actually do not say cork undersides are part of the track proper;
2. Weren't it for this observation I'd never hesitate about having it as valid;
3. In fact, I thought of that trick during the design;
4. No OWOOT competition so far outlawed it (I looked for and found an IRC example for reference);
5. It seems pointless to add an annoying restriction on such a small thing that may just be a graphical design oversight;
6. Therefore I'm allowing it.
7. It took only a really short while for me to get knocked off my high horse on the subject of my "perfect" rule set, and the long excuses above are here just for making that all the more obvious  :)

Quote from: Mingva on August 25, 2009, 09:37:12 PM

Can I enter corkscrew left/right in both ways or just as shown with green arrow?

I assume you're asking whether you need to follow the yellow line strictly (green line) or only start to "loop" the cork halfway through it (red line). If so, both lines are valid, as long as you get upside down and leave by the other side of the red wall.

Mingva

Great to know :) Then I'll improve my result by one more second ::) My goal is time under 1:20.

zaqrack

Quote from: Mingva on August 26, 2009, 08:14:05 AM
Great to know :) Then I'll improve my result by one more second ::) My goal is time under 1:20.
so probably I should get myself together and drive :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on August 24, 2009, 09:50:26 PM
ü
Sure : Orion and Damage Inc. teams.
Also, any old driver coming back or any newcomer is Welcome Home and in the end we're all Disposable Heroes. ;D

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 26, 2009, 10:15:57 AM
ü
Also, any old driver coming back or any newcomer is Welcome Home and in the end we're all Disposable Heroes. ;D
Not to mention we used to have a Master of Puppets :D ;D justkiddingsorryicouldntresisttothisinnapropriatecommentetcetc

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on August 27, 2009, 12:13:10 AM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 26, 2009, 10:15:57 AM
ü
Not to mention we used to have a Master of Puppets :D ;D justkiddingsorryicouldntresisttothisinnapropriatecommentetcetc

I wonder what should not have been...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

Quote from: Chulk on August 28, 2009, 01:12:13 AM
I wonder what should not have been...

ZakStunts 2007 ruleset :)

Duplode

Seems I will have to race a bit any time soon to understand how you're getting these nice times  :)