News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Battery

Started by Duplode, August 23, 2009, 02:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Taking a suggestion by Mingva, I put up a YouTube video showing the most common rule restrictions of OWOOT/TWOOT racing and linked it from the rules page. As usual, feedback is welcome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRxDK_Yy1Fw#noexternalembed

zaqrack

a very useful and nicely scripted video!

Mingva

Thanks for video. Now the rules set is 99% clear ;D

Mark L. Rivers

Highly professional, indeed...

Mingva

Leading Times on Battery are incorrect  ;)

CTG

Quote from: Mingva on August 30, 2009, 08:22:15 AM

Yes because the leader's name is not CTG. ;D Kidding.

Duplode

Quote from: Mingva on August 30, 2009, 08:22:15 AM

I introduced new mistakes, I see  ::) Fixing it for good this time.

Mark L. Rivers

I don't think I'll be able to improve my time. This is not tactic (I usually don't use this kind of expedients...), I would have to re-drove the whole race and August (sweet August... ::)) is finished long...
Seeing LTB should be mine I could be aim to a useful podium, better a 2nd place in order to run for the Trophy... But the real main problem will be how I'll be able to race in the next rounds, keeping in count there will be a "quite important" race in ZakStunts next month that I wouldn't miss...  So I will have to find some time to race hard in the 3rd round next week, but it will be really difficult... Let's see...

Duplode

You can still win this round if nobody else attacks your time, Mark...  ::) Action, everybody!

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on September 12, 2009, 04:03:02 AM
You can still win this round if nobody else attacks your time, Mark...  ::) Action, everybody!

As I said, I can't re-drive the whole race but yesterday I saw again my current best replay understanding  I can maxout a bit my final. I need 30 minutes for it, and I'll spend them just not to risk to win without my best effort...  ;)
Anyway, speaking seriously, I think that I have not so many chances to win this race...  ::)

Duplode

Final update with results expected for Brazilian midnight. Release of the new track may take a bit longer, as the attempt to finish the design ended up with me scraping most of the draft I had, and I feel rather uninspired right now. All should be sorted out by tomorrow afternoon, though.

Duplode

Results uploaded!

Only two replays on last day... :-\

In any case, congratulations again to Mark for another bleeding edge lap! (I always need to spend maybe double the usual amount of time reviewing his replays until I get convinced they are 100% legal  :D) Other than Mark, who built an useful early gap, overall standings are a mess right now, with several drivers drawn on points.

And now, since I lost any hopes of a healthy night of sleep, I will try to finish the new track. Watch out for any insomnia after-effects in it!  :D

Mark L. Rivers

Thanks for the congratulations, Duplode. It has been another interesting track this one, and it's a pity there wasn't a more large pool of drivers engaged in it.
As usual I spent some time to analyze the replays and... well, thrilling race indeed! Check the images below and watch how the race has been really balanced, at least until the first 55 seconds. And Zak's race demonstrates one more time how his potential is high: best time in 4th section and 2nd best time in 5th, 6th and 7th section.  :)   I knew I hadn't made a very good race in the middle, but I didn't think to have lose so much! Fortunately (for me), I drove quite well in the last 20 seconds of race... ;)

Mingva

Well, Mark won because of bridge trick and...

:( :-\ :-X

I should learn to exploit those small bugs to win a race. Anyway, I'm proud of my result and rpl itself.

P.S. On 0:53.20 is even a better view that three wheels are off the road.