News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Winners

Started by Mark L. Rivers, August 24, 2009, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

An interesting statistics based on USC "Stats Corner" page (+ last results still not added in USC statistics).

Sure, there could be many points of view about the meaning of this ranking due to some valid reasons (mainly the different periods of racing, the different quality of the contests and the different number of races competed). Anyway, I think it could be a captivating source of arguments for the community... ;)

In every case, here it is some highlights:

1) Between drivers who raced at least 25 races, high percentage of wins for Roy Wiegerinck (41%, 2nd best percentage), Mark Nailwood (31%, 4th best) and Renato Biker (30%, 6th best)

2) Between drivers who raced at least 75 races, astonishing percentage of wins for Ayrton, and very high percentage for Duplode (18%, 5th best) and Akoss Poo, (17%, 6th best).

3) Between drivers who raced at least 100 races (that is only 10 drivers), 1st best percentage for Gutix (40%, definitely fantastic), 2nd best for Alan Rotoi (31%, absolutely great) and Bonzai Joe (28%, really extraordinary keeping in count the very high number of official races).

4) Overall, impressive and apparently unreachable percentages of wins for Ayrton and Gutix compared with their high number of races competed.

5) Excluding drivers who took part in only one, two or three contests, Bonzai Joe is the unique driver who has been able to win in every competition he raced.

AbuRaf70

Mis felicitaciones, Mark, por tan completo e interesante trabajo...!!!

Muchas veces ignoramos los verdaderos resultados, que este gráfico tan completo nos proporciona.
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on August 24, 2009, 12:21:08 PMBetween drivers who raced at least 100 races
Can you precise the best of all drivers that raced more than 300 races ? ;D :D
OK, I'm the only one in this category but yet, at least I'm 1st somewhere. ;D

Krys TOFF

Also, some contests and results are missing or wrong :
- Rough Ride contest missing : 6 wins for Ivanoeg, 4 wins for JTK, 1 race not officially ended, led by Ben Snel
- FSC : I took part in 24 events. Even if 5 of them had no official winner (competition aborted), there's still 19 races, and not 17. And I won one race (Hendaye 2004 reverse to be precise).
- HOTU Stunts is missing : 13 races overall. Considering only the time results (not counting the "Insane" competition) : 8 wins for me, 3 wins for Gutix, 1 win for ShadowCrust and 1 win for Noriek.
- Charles', Bart's, CMG's or Mark Nailwood's competitions are missing. F Stunts, Stunts Brasil and Abandonia competitions are missing too.
- 4DSL results are strange. There was 2 scoreboards : one for South Americans and 1 for other part of the world. Did you combined both results to select the winner ? Also, there has been 13 races and I missed only the 1st one of the 1st season due to holidays (race lasted 2 weeks for 1st race instead of 4 weeks) so I should have 12 participations, not 8.
- maybe there are other things but no time to check it all at the moment...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 26, 2009, 10:24:08 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on August 24, 2009, 12:21:08 PMBetween drivers who raced at least 100 races

When I published the tables, I wanted to add: "And I'm quite sure that, knowing Krys' humor, he'll say: And I'm 1st between drivers over 300 races!". Then, also to avoid any misunderstandings related to the kidding, I decided to let you the "space" to say it directly...  ;)

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 26, 2009, 10:47:37 AM
Also, some contests and results are missing or wrong :
- Rough Ride contest missing : 6 wins for Ivanoeg, 4 wins for JTK, 1 race not officially ended, led by Ben Snel
- FSC : I took part in 24 events. Even if 5 of them had no official winner (competition aborted), there's still 19 races, and not 17. And I won one race (Hendaye 2004 reverse to be precise).
- HOTU Stunts is missing : 13 races overall. Considering only the time results (not counting the "Insane" competition) : 8 wins for me, 3 wins for Gutix, 1 win for ShadowCrust and 1 win for Noriek.
- Charles', Bart's, CMG's or Mark Nailwood's competitions are missing. F Stunts, Stunts Brasil and Abandonia competitions are missing too.
- 4DSL results are strange. There was 2 scoreboards : one for South Americans and 1 for other part of the world. Did you combined both results to select the winner ? Also, there has been 13 races and I missed only the 1st one of the 1st season due to holidays (race lasted 2 weeks for 1st race instead of 4 weeks) so I should have 12 participations, not 8.
- maybe there are other things but no time to check it all at the moment...

As I said before, I took every stats from USC "Stats corner" page. But if you are able to rescue any other information to complete the tables, it will be great!  :)

BonzaiJoe

Did I win an SDR track?

I certainly didn't win a HOTU track (only raced once I think). But let's just forget about those things :)
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Also not much luck in Charles' competition :(
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 26, 2009, 04:45:12 PM
Did I win an SDR track?

USC "Stats Corner" page joins SDR Yearly Contests races with ISM races.
So you won effectively 4 SDR races.  ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on August 26, 2009, 01:10:45 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 26, 2009, 10:24:08 AM

When I published the tables, I wanted to add: "And I'm quite sure that, knowing Krys' humor, he'll say: And I'm 1st between drivers over 300 races!". Then, also to avoid any misunderstandings related to the kidding, I decided to let you the "space" to say it directly...  ;)

You know me too much. :P ;D

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 26, 2009, 10:47:37 AM
As I said before, I took every stats from USC "Stats corner" page. But if you are able to rescue any other information to complete the tables, it will be great!  :)
I have some data on an Excel sheet with winners, but no data of every pipsqueak that raced each race...
Anyway, I may still find some datas : internet wayback machine is my friend. ;)

edit : Rough Ride website is still online, all data can be found for this one at least ;) : http://free.prohosting.com/~stunts/contest/index.htm

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 26, 2009, 05:55:46 PM
edit : Rough Ride website is still online, all data can be found for this one at least ;) : http://free.prohosting.com/~stunts/contest/index.htm
Well, I think we have to find a right criteria (at least averagely, or not averagely, 3 drivers for race? Only competitions published on the Forum or linked on Stunts Racing Portal? Other?) about which contests should be included in the general table furthermore that ones are already present.
Otherwise, we could find some strange situations like what you can see in the attached picture. It shows the Rough Ride race competed in May 1999...  Objectively, it seems quite obvious that this race shouldn't be included... ::)