News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Lucretia

Started by Duplode, September 06, 2009, 12:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Since people do not seem to be very keen on racing Battery  )-: ::), I'll leak some info on the forthcoming track. I already have a design concept set, and a track draft that portrays very well what I want the circuit to be like. Problem is, the draft is (as they always are) slightly too long (~1:50) and, more importantly, it has a jump over the start/finish line, which would mean mandatory penalty time or worse.

Anyway, expect something completely different from the current track.

Duplode

Update finished, the third track is already available. It is, broadly speaking, a fast Jaguar track with mostly banked corners. In spite of all the rewrites of the original layout I'm still not completely pleased with the final result. Anyway, I hope you'll find the high speed racing enjoyable and motivating. Waiting for your replays! ;)

Mark L. Rivers

A track more difficult that it could be appear, a challenge that will be more tight than previous ones. What I mean is that won't be difficult approach the fastest times, but it will be very hard going down under a certain limit in order to catch the win. And without sound, no hope to control properly the Jaguar over 200 Mph...  ::)
Anyway, looking for jounces chasers...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

That final seems to be very zingy...  8)

Mingva

Just to avoid the situation on Battery, is this considering on track or not:

View from top, as I validated rpls in ISA/IRC competition.

Rotated and zoomed to get those wheel-pixels on road  :P

Duplode

Considering only the second screen shot, this is probably right on the limit of acceptability. I say "probably" because the game does not draw rear wheels for Jaguar, and thus I will have to resort to photoshopping, Stressed inferences and other nasty stuff to make a decision. Guess I'll have to say something definite now, so:

To all pipsqueaks: From now on I'm establishing an ad hoc criteria, in that, for this round, the rear wheel will be counted as on track if the maximum overlap of the rear wing and the track (measured with an image editor) is at least 1/10 of the total rear wing width. That being said, if you can do a bit of extra RH to avoid being this close to the limit (and manage to do so without losing time in your lap of course) you'll save me quite a bit of time and avoid unnecessary risks of disqualification, so please exercise your better judgement.

Mark L. Rivers

Nice shot, Mingva, it seems I have to reply....
Interesting battle for the leading time indeed, it's wonderful when the "fight" is so serried...  8)
I think it will be a great challenge, I feel...  ;)

Mingva

The battle won't continue because it's my final rpl for Lucretia. Don't think I will have free time to replay current track. Hope to give some small efforts to improve zct99 result though.

Mark L. Rivers

That's really a pity. I hope you'll find the time to improve, this race and the whole contest deserves a sane and exciting "fight".

Duplode

Indeed a pity - it's way too close now!

Duplode

Two pipsqueaks joined the fight... welcome to Roy and Pedro Antonio! And it seems Roy wants to fight AbuRaf here as well as in ZakStunts... ;)

royreiger

Haha, it could be a nice battle! ;-)
I didn't spend much time on the track. I know I can do a lot better...
Hope to find some time this week to improve...

Duplode

Results uploaded! Upload of the fourth track may or may not happen before you guys wake up. Congratulations to Mark (who amazingly did the final combo in fifth gear!), but note that Mingva kept really close until the final seconds of the lap. Auspicious debut for Brian as well! ;)

The sad thing about the race was having to DQ Roy.  :( It couldn't be helped, as all three laps he sent me had (different) irregularities. I hate having to cancel results, especially those of newcomers... would anyone mind if I set as standard procedure to review the first lap sent by a "newbie" before the race is over?

Finally, a word on championship standings. With two races to go, Mark is fourteen points ahead of Mingva... exactly like Button and Rubens  ::)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on October 05, 2009, 05:10:56 AM
With two races to go, Mark is fourteen points ahead of Mingva... exactly like Button and Rubens  ::)

I wish Rubens will win this strange championship as tribute to a long and not too fortunate career, and because he likes me for his simpathy and his way to interpretate the F1 racing world.  :)  Obviously, I don't hope for a similar rescue in the Southern Cross Trophy...  :D

Kidding a part, being active The Race in ZakStunts, I'm happy to be able to send only a "good list-filler" for Round 4, just to achieve some points and remaining on top with a quite safe gap before the last Round. Anyway, the possibility of an en-plein of wins is always a strong call... ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Nice and balanced battle indeed!  8)