News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Reappearances

Started by zaqrack, September 08, 2009, 10:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Lots of old pipsqueaks reappear lately. But thats not what I want to talk about.
I am cleaning the database for ZakStunts 8.0, as lots of pipsqueaks used different nicknames throughout different seasons and this has to be unified. (e.g. ayrton&Ayrton, alain&Alain il professore)

and it turned out that some of our newbies aren't newbies at all!

AMG (2008) = ...angelito... (2006-2007)
HTE (2009)= EdX (2007)
Firefoxie (2009) = phox (2007) = phoxetis (2004) !!!

Just as a funny fact. I'd rather not interfere with this season's newbie league, but I would like to uniformize these names for 2010 - including Mingva/Paradisio, if possible. I'd rather keep the stats of one pipsqueak under one name.

Mingva

Good to hear about name unification. But isn't it possible to connect different names? Say, "nameZ = nameX or nameY". There were Alain & Alain il professore, Alan Rotoi & Stunts Oracle, me and yours mentioned pipsqueaks.
What about confirmed ghosts? Will you delete them completely (could change seasonal scores), remove their results for showing on yearly scoreboard only (adding correction on final scoreboard), hiding them (will stay in database as hidden pipsqueaks?) or stay as it is? I really don't like to be beaten by fake user  >:( :-\ :)

zaqrack

Technically mapping different names to one user, but the current database structure I use uses names as key ID's, and so they have to be unique and one nick per pipsqueak.

I don't want to interfere with the archives by deleting ghosts but in the future there might be stricter regulations.

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on September 08, 2009, 04:27:07 PM
Technically mapping different names to one user, but the current database structure I use uses names as key ID's, and so they have to be unique and one nick per pipsqueak.

Maybe the ad hoc solution to preserve historical aliases would be to use the "standard" nick throughout the scripts but change the printed name (as the last step of producing the chart) in a few pages. For instance, if season = 2004 and name = "Alan Rotoi" then printName("Stunts Oracle"). Hope that is not a silly idea, as I didn't actually stopped to think on whether it might be viable...

Mingva

QuoteI don't want to interfere with the archives by deleting ghosts but in the future there might be stricter regulations.

Then maybe add a small note (ghost) or asterisk near the name of any ghost?

CTG

Royreiger is really Wiegerinck? REALLY?

He was too slow to be the legendary champion.

BonzaiJoe

Yes, it was really him - unless someone has hacked his email. I added him to my contacts in 2001 and chatted with him in 2009 or 2010 or whenever it was.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 25, 2012, 06:23:16 PM
Yes, it was really him - unless someone has hacked his email. I added him to my contacts in 2001 and chatted with him in 2009 or 2010 or whenever it was.

You can re-register a login name...

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on January 25, 2012, 05:00:15 PM
Royreiger is really Wiegerinck? REALLY?

He was too slow to be the legendary champion.
If he came back now, he would be too slow to be the legendary champion... I remember racing all of Zakstunts tracks without watching winning replays back when I joined the community and beating him 90% of the times. And I didn't even knew what I know now,  and hadn't watch so many crazy tricks either
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on January 30, 2013, 12:39:43 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on January 30, 2013, 12:05:44 AM
That's my boy!
Yes daddy! (Wait, that didn't sound well...)

It sounds like pedophil sexual harrasment. :P

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on January 29, 2013, 09:50:30 AM

Yes, so maybe someone decided to register his old email, talk to his MSN contacts and also play Stunts (however he knew about Zakstunts...) with his old Stunts name.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 30, 2013, 06:40:37 PM
Quote from: CTG on January 29, 2013, 09:50:30 AM

Yes, so maybe someone decided to register his old email, talk to his MSN contacts and also play Stunts (however he knew about Zakstunts...) with his old Stunts name.

Why not?

BonzaiJoe

You're right. It must have been an imposter.