News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

bugs, bugs, bugs

Started by Mingva, March 19, 2003, 06:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugs in "Indy Racing Cup"

Allow them all
4 (36.4%)
Let's stay as is
6 (54.5%)
Bugs in Stunts???
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 19, 2003, 06:22:16 PM

Mingva

Recently I got some rpls with some, I think not legal, tricks. For example, driving a bit through wall, but this is a bug. So, maybe we should allow bugs in "Indy Racing Cup"?

Advantages:
I won't worry about your bugs anymore :D
6th gear is a bug, why to disallow other bugs?
IRC will be just boring (?) racing competition without any great tricks.

Disadvantages:
It won't be real racing competition;
Will be bigger time difference between top pipsqueaks and amateurs;
no-RH'andlers will be in BIG trouble.

Waiting your votes and comments :!:

BonzaiJoe

"Stay how it is" is a strange option, because we don't quite know how it is. Pershing II said bugs are not allowed, but still, power gear is allowed, jump bugs are allowed, power gear tricks are allowed.
But we can't be quite sure.

pArAnO

I'm one of those who use the "bridge trick" (can I call it like that? I found it! :P)
And I'm against it!
But I got no choice to use it if I want to be competitive.

There is too many "occasinal" bugs to not allow any bugs.
As it right know it just perfect... except for the "bridge trick" (too hard to use for the newbie, a lot of time wasted, give a BIG advantage to the one who use it)

But I'm also for the fact that all of the new rules should apply on the next track... not on this one!

alanrotoi

In my opinion the idea of "no bugs" was against going through walls, slalom blocks, loops. Because if power gear bug is removed it will be boring... one of the beatiful things of the indy is the power gear. (ok I know pow gear won't be removed it was just an example).

Its impossible to remove all the bugs, because they are infinite. Every 10 seconds you are doing a bug... think about zct19, when Argammon said that it's just lucky to get speed without crashing after a jump in a hill with a tunnel in the top. This is a bug too... I tryied that jump several times, and the result was different every time.

It's impossible (again) to do a list of bugs, because this game is a big bug, and I think the bugs helps to do this game different every race... they give it more "reality", more fun.

I agree when the rules are against the Sci Fi bugs like go through a wall.
That's why the ISA rules be, to get more real and not to kill the pipsqueak.

Krys TOFF

I agree with Alan.

Each comp is different, with different rules.

ISA/IRC success is due to its "close to reality" rules.
FSC, Stunts LOL or Unskilled Champ are not as popular as ISA/IRC.
Only Zak's comp can challenge it.

I want the rules to stay the way they are : no irreal bugs, no cork cut, no loop cut, no tire outside the road... Only 6th gear should be allowed.
Btw, i changed the original design of Abidjan in order to follow the reality : no road on water and so on. :wink:

IRCreason of living is with its rules. If all is allowed, then it will be "just another comp" and pArAnO and Juank 23 will leave the community... :(

BonzaiJoe

But then we need to define what bugs are allowed and what bugs are not. It won't be easy. Who wants to do it? :D

Mingva

OK, I will try :roll: I think I'll leave in site only general rules, like stay on/over the road, send your basic info with 1st rpl, etc. And will be the link to download .doc file (or smth else) with all the rules. After all doubtfull situation I'll update rules, add some pictures and etc.

Now I see that majority of pipsqueaks agree to disallow bugs. But there's bridge trick, and it's hard to say if someone uses bug or not. Then maybe it shouldn't be allowed to touch the wall of the bridge (as well as the wall of elevated road)?

alanrotoi

Quote from: "alanrotoi"I agree when the rules are against the Sci Fi bugs like go through a wall.

I guess a list of bugs will be difficult and useless.
The rules would be:
- Hey, if you want to go thrugh the walls play Doom II and type 'IDCLIP'!!
- Are you blind?? The road is the way!!!

This is ok for me  :lol:  :lol:

BonzaiJoe

QuoteThis is ok for me  :lol:  :lol:

Not for me - and for anyone who is serious, as I'm sure you weren't.  :roll:

alanrotoi

Now seriously, I remember Amsterdam track: there is a half pipe in the begining and of course a nice trick/bug jumping in a side going through the structure and landing with a lot of speed. I asked Mingva if it is allowed and it wasn't.

BonzaiJoe

If that isn't allowed, lines will be all that matters, and you will have to restart all the time, because you did a little jump or a trick by accident. Everyone will get the same times, and replays will be boring to drive and boring to watch.

alanrotoi

You sent that message while I was writing the second :D I just read that.

So do you want IDCLIP rules? Since I'm racing (and I guess from the beginning too) that isn't allowed, for example go through a concrete block. Why it should be allowed now? Were there boring the previous 11 ISA tracks?
I know ISA rules are more 'radical' more ISA than before.... I suffered it last month. If that is allowed I guess it's a step to back.

We are only 5 talking about IRC rules future...

BonzaiJoe

It has never been allowed to race through a slalom block, and so far it hasn't been a problem. But now we have a track where it is a problem (although we are not talking about a slalom block). We can't just say: "bugs are not allowed, so you can't put half your car through the bridge wall", because if bugs are not allowed, none of the replays would be valid. So we need to make a list of which bugs are allowed and which are not.

Krys TOFF

Well, it seems that some of you drive half on a bridge and half outside the bridge somewhere on the track.

If your car doesn't wreck, it's OK for me because it's just the same as driving half the car on the grass and half the car on the road on a plain.
As long as you follow the road, it can be accepted I think.

Or else, the rule should not be "at least on tire on/over the road" but "you must keep all of your tires on/over the track".

But driving THROUGHT a bridge (or cork up/down) wall must NOT be allowed.
That means you can't cut a cork up/down or a concrete block for example.
Also, it's forbidden to cut the red wall of a cork left/right because it means going throught it.

If it's just that a part of the car is "on" a wall and make the weird particular noise, it can be tolerated according to me.

It's impossible to be really same as real life racing, or nobody will have the right to "jump" the boulevard too and so on...

juank 23

hi hi hi, im glad to see this motivation about giving the game a lot of good ideas to make it better, i have to say that in this game , the difference is not at all the talent or the experience,  it counts a lot, ,but the real difference is how you use the bugs to improve,  i have to say that in my opinion there are a lot of things i dont like, for example when you use manual transmission you can get the 6 gear so easy, that is unfair because is not natural speed, in my opinion isa competition is a proffesional driver championship, i think that we could think about make this more difficult for the pilot and not the way i use the tricks to improve, i know that a lot of drivers use manual,  but guys, you know that is unfair with the ones who use auto,  think that this competition is to be a good driver not a good trickman, thats why im here and not in zaks,  lets make this a proffesional driver championship,  and maybe i could win someday jejejejejeje, ,best wishes for all, and enjoy this game

Unmatched Driver........................ Juank 23 :arrow: