News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Keyboard control problem

Started by vette, August 16, 2009, 04:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and using Dosbox v0.72 to run Stunts.

Dosbox mounts and starts Stunts just fine. I can go through the options and start a track and play using the mouse but for some reason it will not let me play using the keyboard. When I specifically click the 'keyboard' option under control input menu none of the buttons to control the car work properly. The arrow keys, a, z don't do anything. 'D' does toggle the dashboard, 'M' switches to mouse control (which I can then use to drive), and oddly enough my right control key will turn the steering wheel to the right but the rest of the keys do not do anything.

I tried search and didn't see any similar problems but has anyone heard of this happening and has an idea of how to fix it? At least the mouse input works but as it is tricky to use I would prefer keyboard if the problem can be solved.

Duplode

Welcome vette! Heaven forbid that you have to drive using the mouse... I think I had a similar issue with arrow keys under Fedora in the past. Try adding the option
usescancodes=false
to the [sdl] section of dosbox.conf, or the appropriate configuration file you're using. As you may know, dosbox.conf is the default configuration file for DOSBox 0.72 - if you don't have one and aren't using a front end run
CONFIG -writeconf /home/yourUserName/dosbox.conf
to create a dosbox.conf with default options in your home folder.

vette

Quote from: Duplode on August 16, 2009, 07:30:22 AM
Welcome vette! Heaven forbid that you have to drive using the mouse... I think I had a similar issue with arrow keys under Fedora in the past. Try adding the option
usescancodes=false
to the [sdl] section of dosbox.conf, or the appropriate configuration file you're using. As you may know, dosbox.conf is the default configuration file for DOSBox 0.72 - if you don't have one and aren't using a front end run
CONFIG -writeconf /home/yourUserName/dosbox.conf
to create a dosbox.conf with default options in your home folder.

You sir, are awesome.

Turns out I am still pretty bad with the keyboard but it is a lot easier to use. Thanks a lot for the fix!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview