News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cydonia

Started by Duplode, October 25, 2009, 04:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Initial draft just finished, right now I am in the process of sorting the good ideas from the stupid ones (current ratio is about 50:50). As for the car, please refer to this post by Bonzai Joe  ;)

Duplode

I've been working for quite a while on the track today. The first drafts turned up to be really dumb, verging on self-parody. But it improved eventually. Applying the finishing touches now; hopefully the update will be done before I fall asleep.

Duplode

Update finished at last! The final result is quite a bit better than I expected after being forced to rush the design like this. The track is a bit long (shorter than Solsbury, though), but pretty fast overall (if not overtly so for an Indy track). Now, take the chance of riding the king of all cars!

royreiger

Haven't had much time to race... but I'll enter this week!!

royreiger

Just send a first try!
Nice and fast track! Good job, Duplode!

Greetz,
Roy

Mark L. Rivers

I'm still not able to put my wheels on the track...
Tomorrow could be the right day... 
In every case, I have to try lunging my winning stripe...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 04, 2009, 03:34:08 PM

I'm still not able to put my wheels on the track...
Tomorrow could be the right day... 

Done. Interesting track as usual with dazzling passages, some to approach dancing with the car at slow speed, other with the right pedal completely down...  8)

Duplode

Glad to see you guys are enjoying the track. At first I was planning (and ego tripping?) to design a seriously hard one for the final round, but I guess it was better that it turned out to be what it is now  :)

An update to the scoreboard is pending for quite a while now... I won't delay it further than tomorrow, I promise  ;)

Duplode

Curious situation on the updated scoreboard! And fully unintentional, mind you  :D

Mark L. Rivers

Gutix on the track! It will be really hard for me realizing the en-plein, I remember our challenge in WSC in 2006...  ;)

Duplode

After the usual silent days of the last week, the final replays are starting to drop in... waiting for more of them! ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Duplode

Results are already checked, update nearly ready... but I'll make you wait a little longer, in hopes that I'll find time to prepare something extra.

Gutix

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 10, 2009, 11:53:25 AM

Gutix on the track! It will be really hard for me realizing the en-plein, I remember our challenge in WSC in 2006...  ;)

Yep, i remember. Nice battles these days :)

Duplode

I couldn't prepare the extras I mentioned in time, so I'd better not make you wait longer... the final reports for race and season are already on the homepage. I won't give you spoilers on this thread, so go and check them! ;) Once more, thank you all for powering this contest all along! I would be grateful to hear your comments and/or suggestions on the feedback topic. As for a new edition of Southern Cross, I have no actual concrete plans, but the idea will be hanging around. Management is nice, after all  :)