News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Your best track(s)

Started by Cas, January 29, 2024, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

I'm thinking that we all have one or a few tracks of our own that we're particularly proud of or that played a significant role in the community, maybe tracks that are referenced in different circumstances. In my case, 4:00am is clearly my favourite and because it's been around many times, some time ago, I decided to create a Wiki article specially for it: https://wiki.stunts.hu/wiki/4:00am

Talking with Alan Rotoi about one of his tracks, I thought I'd make a thread for us to tell about our best tracks and possibly to promote special articles for the few best.

Going back to my own track, I created 4:00am around 2006 because I was participating in WSC and Paleke had had an idea of making a track design contest. Each pipsqueak could submit up to two tracks, if I remember correctly, and then, everybody should vote for their preferred and second preferred track excluding their own and I think the first one would get two points and the second, one point, from each pipsqueak. Adding up, you'd get to sort posted tracks in order and the top four would make it to the tournament. 4:00am was one of the winners.

When ZakStunts opened to posting pipsqueak's tracks for all months, I posted 4:00am, which was well received. Later, it was featured in R4K, which wasn't a problem since the racing format is different. When I started distributing Bliss, I included the track initially as the default track you'd use to estimate your coefficient, but then, after organising Race For Immortality, I switched to the Bliss track, yet kept distributing 4:00am in the package. Recently, when DOS Game Club and our community met and the Leaderboard was created, I also posted 4:00am there.

So how about you guys?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

I'd say Eroica (ZCT147) still is my most successful track design. More recently, I've been very happy about how Atlas Air (ZCT243) and In Your Eyes (R4K39) turned out. None of them are as notable as 4:00am, though  :)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Duplode on January 30, 2024, 11:15:12 PMI'd say Eroica (ZCT147) still is my most successful track design. More recently, I've been very happy about how Atlas Air (ZCT243) and In Your Eyes (R4K39) turned out. None of them is as notable as 4:00am, though  :)

Oooh Zct243 I did my best but it wasn't enough. What a great race. About Eroica I already downloaded ctg's replay. Nice and fast element combos!

And 4am... third place but 10 seconds after the 1st place? WTF?? I used this track for the set of pictures for Baronetti A-70. It has a very good density of elements and decoration.

Cas

I have been trying Eroica in the past because it had been mentioned as one of the best tracks in ZakStunts history, indeed!  Looking at it now, I see it's OWOOTable, so it could be raced in R4K too, although it's a lot more interesting as a free-style track.

Alan, you have made many tracks yourself too. What are your best artworks?  8)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.