News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2010

Started by Duplode, February 09, 2010, 09:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is F1 more boring in 2010?

Yes, the new rules are counterproductive
2 (33.3%)
No, it is more or less the same
4 (66.7%)
No, racing action has actually improved
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Duplode

How come we didn't have this thread yet? Big rule changes, major driver line-up reshuffling, several new teams, last-minute financial dramas... and some of the best-looking cars in a long while - please vote on the poll! ;) (you can change your vote later to account for still unreleased cars)

Chulk

Maybe you could attach some a pic or two of every car, my conection has been a bit slow in the last few weeks to look for them in Google...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Sure! here they are (will take a while to load in your connection, though...). Part 1:

McLaren

Mercedes

Ferrari

Williams

Renault

Duplode

Part 2:

Force India

Toro Rosso (it's always the same  :P)

Lotus (!!)

Virgin Racing (best so far IMO)

"BMW" Sauber

Chulk

Thanks Dup! Now I can vote. I tried to leave that Silver feeling away when looking at the cars and must say Virgin looks great! I specially like it's front wing, don't know exactly why, though. Nice pics!

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on February 10, 2010, 02:53:43 PM
Now I can vote. I tried to leave that Silver feeling away when looking at the cars and must say Virgin looks great! I specially like it's front

Indeed, I think the patterns worked very well. As for silver cars, beyond the nothing-special colour schemes (specially Mercedes, which must have come straight from one of those old F1 games with generic liveries), the car shapes of both Mercedes and McLaren are simply awesome.

By the way, the new Red Bull was unveiled today. Boring looks, as ever - but it will be fast! (and Vettel will kick Schumi's ass!)

Chulk

I'm anxious to see USF1 car where Jose Maria Lopez will race. I don't care about the looks as long as it's fast enough to let him show his skills.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 10, 2010, 11:46:36 PM
I'm anxious to see USF1 car where Jose Maria Lopez will race. I don't care about the looks as long as it's fast enough to let him show his skills.

This fuckin' new system and unknown crappy teams killed my interest in F1.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on February 10, 2010, 11:49:52 PM
This fuckin' new system and unknown crappy teams killed my interest in F1.

Well, I can see it is fairly possible that the new regulations won't work as expected (they never do!) and racing quality will actually worsen with the refueling ban (which is, theoretically, an excellent thing). But why are the new teams a problem? At the very least Virgin and Lotus II appear to be solid teams able to pull off a respectable first season. As for losses, only Toyota is truly gone (and to them I say: good riddance  :P). In any case, having 26 cars on the grid is far better than only 20, even if we have to put up with one or two embarassments along the way. (In fact, as far I'm concerned it would be great to see a half a dozen of hopeful teams having to battle through pre-qualification as it used to be in the days of old)

Quote from: Chulk on February 10, 2010, 11:46:36 PM

Despite the general scepticism I read good things about Jose Maria Lopez. Exactly how highly do you rate him in Argentina?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

My vote went to Lotus (not now, some days ago). By far the best looking car.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Chulk

Well, he won 2/3 championships we have here (and was runner-up on the one he didn't win). He is considered really F1 material for some of the most experienced drivers, managers and such in here. Plus, he would have taken Kovalainen place in Renault if he had had the sponsors needed (not that being better than Kovalainen means somebody's good, but still...) but he didn't.

zaqrack

Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 11, 2010, 11:40:38 PM
My vote went to Lotus (not now, some days ago). By far the best looking car.

same here. And lets not forget, that it`s a LOTUS.  ;D

Guess I will sit down, learn how to use stressed and create a Lotus Esprit for Stunts, finally :)

CTG

CTG

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on March 12, 2010, 08:52:04 PM
F1 for Akoss Poo:

I miss our good old vomiting icon there...  ??? These b-tches should hang on the gallows pole while I'm laughing at their filthy face...
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km