News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts MIDI music

Started by clvn, May 31, 2010, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Interesting! I am pretty certain 4D-Boxing is using the same main engine as Stunts.

Vector

I have a piano remix of the theme when the "Broderbund" text appears.

Bad that i don't have the link- i don't recorded that;

Daniel3D

I've been reading up on old topics. And i noticed this,

I'm not really sure i understand everything correctly.
But it is possible to change KMS to Midi, so there is something similar about the files to convert.

I understand from the topic that the goal was to extract the music for use in the ported version.
Therefore, KMStomidi is only KMS to midi.

Is it possible to make the conversion the other way? Change midi to kms?
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

When I first quickly looked at a KMS file, I thought it was mostly MIDI, except for a different container format, but on a closer inspection (that took about five minutes), my conclusion is that it's not like that at all. It's more simple than MIDI. I'm sure that has already been understood before. I just wanted to see if a little glance was enough to recognise the format. From what I can see, indeed, it's a lot easier to turn it into MIDI than the other way around because the MIDI format allows for more versatility and this is more tracker-like.

If you were to compose new music, it'd be better to do it directly as KMS, it seems. It'd be easier to make a KMS editor than a MIDI-to-KMS converter and the result would sound better too. Anyway, I've only looked at the format for a short amount of time. I'm pretty busy. But it seems to be a simple format.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Well, I talked to Kris Hatlelid 8) about it. Not much help there, although he is a nice guy.
I told him what we have been up to and asked if he happened to have the software lying around..
He responded:
QuoteSadly, I don't have any tools from that time.   Cool that you're doing that though.

I also asked him if he composed the music himself and if he was interested in a copy of the anniversary edition.
QuoteMike and I wrote the music. Brian and I did the music software. I'd love a copy when it's done, I watched it on YouTube after a got your note. Good memories.

Since he is quick to respond and quite positive, I thought I ask him for a proper interview..
Awaiting his response..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

It'd be nice if the community would prepare some agreed questions to make it easier for him to respond, kind of like the interview with Kevin Pickell

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on June 11, 2021, 03:08:31 AM
It'd be nice if the community would prepare some agreed questions to make it easier for him to respond, kind of like the interview with Kevin Pickell
I agree.
And Kris Hatlelid has agreed with an interview.
Who prepared the one for Kevin?
Should a new topic be created for this?
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

:D  Yes, I think you could start a topic on that

Overdrijf

Nice! Good job!

Maybe we can get him to do a map too.  ;D

Cas

Ah!  That'd be very nice :D