Author Topic: Finally there: the superkart (version 1.0), plus special race event.  (Read 6509 times)

Overdrijf

• Joe's Friend
  • Professional idiot
    • View Profile
Re: Finally there: the superkart (version 1.0), plus special race event.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
I've been working on another kart track myself. I could send it to you for inspiration?

Cas

• Bernie's Brother
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2018, 06:06:11 PM »
Oops!  I've very just posted in the shoutbox in response to CTG, inviting him to post a track. But now I think if you would like to post a track for the Kart, it'd make more sense. Maybe, he'd like to make his track for another car?  Anyway, of course. How would I not let you post your own track for the Kart?  I better start a topic on the reopening of Race For Kicks.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

• Joe's Friend
  • Professional idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
O, I'm actually kind of curious what CTG would come up with for the kart. I just saw you asked me in that later post and replied. Just in general: I'm willing to design a track. And of course I'm willing to do it for the kart. That last one I did wasn't owoot friendly, but only one section...

If you do decide to "hire" me: when do you want it and are there any other requirements, like length?

dreadnaut

• Administrator
  • Skid`s Nightmare
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2018, 10:57:07 PM »
O, I'm actually kind of curious what CTG would come up with for the kart.

I wouldn't mind two SuperKart tracks, they could be the first and the last of the competition :)

Overdrijf

• Joe's Friend
  • Professional idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2018, 12:44:23 AM »
By the way, I've dropped a few hints over the years that I was working on a kind of turbo van. That one will not be joining the competition. I drove it for a few meters since I came back and I realized why it was never as fun to work on as the kart: it's quite boring to drive. The game doesn't have a lot of options to bring across the feeling of driving something big and heavy without compromising on it being a good vehicle. I might be hatching another idea for a future project, but it's kind of complex...

(Or maybe I'll change my mind again or have some sort of brilliant idea that fixes everything. Anyway: don't expect it anytime soon. I'll happily share what I had so far with any boring vehicle enthusiasts out there.)

Cas

• Bernie's Brother
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2018, 09:55:13 PM »
Yeah, no problem for me. I'll organise the tournament for reopening and I'm willing to open it up for people to create their tracks and request a car for them. You can follow the other thread I started about Race For Kicks.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.