News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Baronetti A-70

Started by alanrotoi, January 29, 2024, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

The new bad guy on the block. Baronetti A-70 is a fast and agile car ready to hit the road (or track).
The top speed of this beast is 226 MPH and can accelerate from 0 to 60 MPH in just 3.20 seconds.
It has a set of 9 different paintjobs. The name is a tribute of our friend Anelio Baronetti AKA "AbuRaf70". "Baronetti" always sounded to me as an Italian car brand and the name of the model "A-70"... well Aburaf70. ;D
Please let me know if you find any error in the car in general or an easter egg in the dashboard. ;)  8) You have the files attached below. Enjoy!

You cannot view this attachment.

Cas

Ah!  Great tribute!  Honouring one of our greatest legends. Uhm, which is that track on the left hand side?  It's not AbuRaf's Avenue. Maybe a track he won on? :D
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Very good! It's a real track but he didn't raced there. I needed a a track map that fits in that small square and I found "Monkey", the last and hardest track from 4dsL 1st season was the best option ;D Actually is inverted Monkey track and 90 degrees to the right.

It was the first victory of Gutix: https://wiki.stunts.hu/wiki/4D_Stunts_League#Monkey

Cas

Oh!  I think the most significant tracks each of us made should have their articles. I wrote an article about 4:00am and I'm sure there are many tracks that deserve one. This one looks very important!

alanrotoi

Btw this picture was taken in 4am track  ;)

Erik Barros

A wonderful car with an incredible story. I did a noRH lap on the default track in 1:14.30. I'll test it on other tracks later.

Cas

Just gave it a good ride!  It feels more powerful than the Melange, but with a similar handling, clearly surpassing the IMSA standards, but friendly, comfortable :)

Spoonboy

What a car! And an amazing tribute.
As @Cas says, it has ISMA speed and superhuman grip, but with enough 'looseness' in the handling to make it very fun to drive. Love the digital rev counter!
Managed a Default 1:13.80 NoRH, but will definitely be driving this more.
Future zak/R4K car?

An honour to drive this. I wonder, is Anelio's family aware of our remembrance of him? Do they see him mentioned still on the Stunts pages? I'm sure they would love to hear of this car being made in his memory! 🙂

Cas

Next race in R4K is already scheduled to go with this car!  8)
I haven't known of SergioBaro (AbuRaf70's son) for quite some time. He does know his father was very important to us, though.

Spoonboy

Ha I just looked at the R4K page and saw this - you must have only just put it up!  ;D
Saw Rivendell was a previous 4dsl track. Can't wait to race the A70 - this is going to be great!! Nice that it's the 50th R4K race too.

alanrotoi

50th??? What an honour! Thank you @Cas ! Also thank you @Spoonboy for your words and analysis!

I'll try to publish a detailed specifications explanation of the car. The grip of Baronetti A-70 is the same as Melange and Porsche 962 so we could say it's an IMSA-like grip (500). While Porsche 962 has the same grip surface modifiers than most of the original cars, Melange has an improved ice grip and also on grass. The Baronetti A-70 has an improved grip on grass only. About the breaks power is also in IMSA parameters (400) same as Jaguar, P962 and Melange. The mass and the air drag again is also the same but as I told to @Cas it feels like it is prone to magic carpets and jumps just like Melange. "It feel so light" he said and it was a so accurated commentary because I felt the same.

PS: why an improved grip on grass? To enhance the off-road experience.

Cas

It really is incredible how, when racing in Stunts, just sitting on our desk chairs and with nothing by the monitor view and our finger pressure on the keyboard, we get to feel things like the "lightness" of a car, or its power, its stability... but it is so.

I hadn't realised it was the 50th race!  So lucky that this car was released just now and we coincided at this moment, because it's going to make a memorable race!

Frieshansen

Great car with top performance - it's fun to drive. Drove a first default lap with the green-black-gray paintjob and had a mini-carpet after jumping over the chicane.