News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Car Creation Wishlist

Started by Zapper, August 24, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select your "Top2" favourite cars that you want to make possible to drive in Stunts

Ferrari F40
3 (50%)
Ferrari Testarossa
2 (33.3%)
Lotus Esprit Turbo SE '89
3 (50%)
Toyota MR2 SuperCharged (mk1)
2 (33.3%)
KITT (TransAm Firebird'83)
3 (50%)
McLaren Honda MP4/4 (F1 car)
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: September 08, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

JTK

Whoa - I like the Holden Commodore! :-)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 30, 2011, 01:07:08 AM
Both Montoya and Ambrose (old) cars are on this picture :

A nice one for Melange.

Grijze Pilion

Hi,

Can someone please make a '12 Porsche 911 (991)? I tried it myself, but it didn't turn out too well.

Thanks!

Overdrijf

What parts do you need help with?

Making a car is quite a lot of work, it's easier and more fun for everybody if you show the parts of your work you're running into trouble with so we can help you fix it. Every part of car creation has its experts present on this forum, and especially Duplode has been a great help on my kart project a while back. Maybe I even learned one or two things I can now pass on.

Anyway, welcome in the stunts community.

Grijze Pilion

Thanks for your quick response.

I need help with the modeling; i find it hard to place the polygons. I've been playing Stunts for a few years now, and i play it's 'modern interpretation' TrackMania since 2004.
I think it's a shame all the cars available here are too old - not mentioning all we're getting is a picture, not even a download!
Wouldn't it be cool if the guys here (along with me) set out to 'facelift' Stunts? Or even make a new game with the graphics from 1990 (which, i think, are really good!)

Again, thanks for your response. (Are you Dutch?)

Grijze Pilion

Quote from: Overdrijf on August 24, 2010, 10:38:05 PM
As long as you don't do anything that has a weight of 8000 pounds, an 800 HP engine and powergear in 4th and 5th gear, the Vantasy is mine. (Or should I call it turbotruck?)
http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2579.0;attach=2456
Could you please post a link to that truck? (BTW: i've made a car - really! Check my topic!)

Overdrijf

Quote(Are you Dutch?)
Jup, ben ik.

QuoteI think it's a shame all the cars available here are too old - not mentioning all we're getting is a picture, not even a download!

Actually, most cars in these topics are downloadable. They'll have either a zipped folder attached, or several loose files. If you download the CAR(name).res, the ST(name).3sh, the STDA(name).vsh and the STDB(name).vsh of a car and put all these in your stunts folder the cars should work.

QuoteCould you please post a link to that truck?
Actually, that one is even now still in the works. It's not that it's that much work, but well, I'm pretty lazy and don't always (uhum) feel like working on it. At least it doesn't have as much delay as the Melange 3D shape yet...

The body of that project is pretty much finished, but not copied into a bigger model yet, the driving behaviour is pretty good already, though I'm not sure if I'm happy with it yet, but the dashboard is still in its early stages. Also, after going through the working titles "Turbo Truck" and "Vantasy" it now goes under the name "Van Go", which seems like a lame enough pun to keep.

My one finished car project is that one, which is downloadable from that page and a legal contender in the zakstunts competition.

Quote(BTW: i've made a car - really! Check my topic!)
I see, cool, I'll check it out.

QuoteI need help with the modeling; i find it hard to place the polygons.
That's the part of the editing I probably get the best, I'll take a look at your topic to see if I can give some tips.

QuoteI've been playing Stunts for a few years now, and i play it's 'modern interpretation' TrackMania since 2004.
Wouldn't it be cool if the guys here (along with me) set out to 'facelift' Stunts? Or even make a new game with the graphics from 1990 (which, i think, are really good!)

There are quite a few Stunts sequel projects to be found arround the web, most don't really get completed. The problem with facelifting Stunts is going to be that the coding was done quite messy and the sourcecode has since been lost. We can change any 3D model or sprite in the game, but we can't make the game accept higher quality models and sprites. If you're interested in this stuff there is a thread called "disecting the stunts files", and wiki.stunts.hu has some good information on that kind of things.

Anyway, nice to hear we have a new modder in the group. Looking forward to driving your car.

Duplode

To Overdrijf's excellent summary I will only add that...

Quote from: Grijze Pilion on June 03, 2012, 03:09:17 PM
I think it's a shame all the cars available here are too old - not mentioning all we're getting is a picture, not even a download!

... if you don't want to hop around scattered forum threads you can go to http://scr.stunts.hu/mods.php , where all of the "modern" custom cars are available for download. As for your custom car and its issues, I replied in that thread.

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on June 03, 2012, 11:38:04 PM
To Overdrijf's excellent summary I will only add that...

Quote from: Grijze Pilion on June 03, 2012, 03:09:17 PM

... if you don't want to hop around scattered forum threads you can go to http://scr.stunts.hu/mods.php , where all of the "modern" custom cars are available for download. As for your custom car and its issues, I replied in that thread.

O hé, I didn't even know that page. I learn something every day.

Grijze Pilion

Quote from: Overdrijf on June 03, 2012, 05:59:08 PM
That's the part of the editing I probably get the best, I'll take a look at your topic to see if I can give some tips.
Well, hard? It's quite a job, but i discovered that it isn't really hard. Thanks, by the way!

CTG

I'm surprised about the fact that nobody mentioned Subaru Impreza WRC so far. It's an iconic car in several racing games.

The raw version of the 3D model is more or less ready.

Grijze Pilion

May not be the most creative proposal, but what about a '13 SRT Viper?

I'd love to see an actual brand-new model in Stunts.

zaqrack

If we would have a realistic Viper in Stunta, nobody would ever complain again on the Countach steering :)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on December 04, 2012, 03:52:50 AM
If we would have a realistic Viper in Stunta, nobody would ever complain again on the Countach steering :)

Have you ever tried a real Viper? :o

Some of the old Corvette's are also known for their crappy cornering.

zaqrack

no personal experience, but the real Viper is famous for its temper. (so is the Countach :))