News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Car Creation Wishlist

Started by Zapper, August 24, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select your "Top2" favourite cars that you want to make possible to drive in Stunts

Ferrari F40
3 (50%)
Ferrari Testarossa
2 (33.3%)
Lotus Esprit Turbo SE '89
3 (50%)
Toyota MR2 SuperCharged (mk1)
2 (33.3%)
KITT (TransAm Firebird'83)
3 (50%)
McLaren Honda MP4/4 (F1 car)
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: September 08, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Ryoma

Red blue and yellow... The dashboard is difficult. I want to take the one from NFS but I lost a lot of quality...si I prefer to start from zero

alanrotoi

Ryoma

Ferrari 456GT and F355GTB.

I copy the dashboard from GT racing 97.

I'm lazy now...wait some times.

KyLiE

Using wheels as tail lights looks perfect!  Are they functional?

Ryoma

Thanks.

It's strangly functionnal. If you try the Ferrari 412 and Mondial, it's look very strange.

Cas

I am guessing that probably the reason of the strangeness can be that Stunts' graphics engine may only be able to draw ellipses that are vertically/horizontally aligned to the screen. I mean, the foci have to share either the same X or the same Y. So, if you're looking at the car driving on the road, it looks OK even if the camera rotates around it, but when it jumps or shoots up into the sky, the wheels look less accurate. The actual wheels of the car, at least, are often hidden by the rest of the car so from many angles, you can't see this weirdness, but when you place them at another position, it becomes more apparent.

CarWorks currently can't handle wheels in the 3D representation of the car and does not properly represent non-aligned wheels in the 2D windows. Drawing arbitrary ellipses is harder, but also complicates the development of the engine and makes it slower, so it'd make sense if DSI decided to just used aligned ellipses.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Is there an updated list of all completed cars?
Is dups site or there are more cars around there?
I ask because I would like to keep building cars and not repeating existing cars 😆

alanrotoi

Hmm there are some misses. But it's a start :D

Maybe an external link to google drive spreadsheet with the organization Daniel proposed?

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 10, 2021, 03:30:55 PM
Hmm there are some misses. But it's a start :D

Maybe an external link to google drive spreadsheet with the organization Daniel proposed?
Duplode had plans to improve the site with more information and categories.but a spreadsheet to start with is a good option.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Daniel3D

At this moment there are 100 custom cars.
(a few are variations on the same car, I didn't filter those out)

Not included.
Known cheat cars, as listed on southern cross.
Tuned by zapper... (I don't know how to deal with those.)

Included in the list are all cars of Ryoma and all cars of southern cross and cars listed on the forum but not in the other two sources.
Let me know if I missed one.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

I can see some misses like Ford Ranger. What criteria do you follow to collect the cars? I didn't know Dodge Challenger was complete.
It's the longest list I saw. You may need a status field to know where in the building process it is.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 16, 2021, 10:34:44 PM
I can see some misses like Ford Ranger. What criteria do you follow to collect the cars? I didn't know Dodge Challenger was complete.
It's the longest list I saw. You may need a status field to know where in the building process it is.
the ford ranger is there, its just called ranger.
I didn't know the dodge was complete either.

I didn't follow any criteria. I downloaded Ryoma's mega car collection a while back but I didn't check its contents.
I downloaded all from southern cross and dropped them in the same folder. Just to have some cars to move around in different car swapper programs.
Today i downloaded the CERV3 and the Fiat (the one for stan) and added them to.

I only checked the last two.  8)

EDIT:
I forgot the Caterham Super Seven
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

It is time to have a car suffix list along with the car list. Also we could add it in the wiki.