News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Languages

Started by Duplode, September 02, 2010, 08:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Shoegazing Leo

Portuguese's most similar language is not the spanish. It's the galician (D'you remember Pedro Antônio?). There are groups that defends that the two languages are the same.

But, I can understand easily the wrote spanish and the most of wrote italian. And I understood completely a Balotelli interview in italian during World Cup, when he spoke slowly.

Curious that I don't have any spanish or italian class in my life.

Vector

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on March 03, 2015, 04:35:01 PM
Portuguese's most similar language is not the spanish. It's the galician (D'you remember Pedro Antônio?). There are groups that defends that the two languages are the same.

But, I can understand easily the wrote spanish and the most of wrote italian. And I understood completely a Balotelli interview in italian during World Cup, when he spoke slowly.

Ok  ;D

Duplode

Italian feels significantly less familiar than Spanish to me. However, my mother has a surprising (in the same way) understanding of spoken Italian - though that probably has something to do with overexposure to my grandpa's opera records at a young age  :)

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: Duplode on March 03, 2015, 05:22:32 PM

Italian feels significantly less familiar than Spanish to me. However, my mother has a surprising (in the same way) understanding of spoken Italian - though that probably has something to do with overexposure to my grandpa's opera records at a young age  :)

My mother sings some things in talian, a dialect from veneto mixed with portuguese and native brazilian words.

Shoegazing Leo

Look it:

In portuguese is
- Por que choras?
- O Celta sempre joga de noite e não posso ir ao Balaidos.

In english
- Why you are crying?
- Because Celta play only at night and I can't go to the Balaidos (Celta's stadium)

alanrotoi

That was the 3rd match of the group and the 1st without Maradona (dopping). What a great team we had. The morale went to the underground after the Maradona's dopping but look at these names: Goycochea, Islas, Sensini, Ruggeri, Simeone, Redondo, Chamot, Zanetti, Maradona, Batistuta, Caniggia, Ortega, Basualdo...

Shoegazing Leo

Abel Balbo was a very good striker, but it was eclipsed by Gabriel Batistuta.

alanrotoi

Yeah I loved the Balbo-Batistuta delantera but Balbo couldn't stand out in the national team. Anyway we had Caniggia that is the kind of striker I like. A bit backward + ultra fast.

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 14, 2015, 03:37:10 AM
Yeah I loved the Balbo-Batistuta delantera but Balbo couldn't stand out in the national team. Anyway we had Caniggia that is the kind of striker I like. A bit backward + ultra fast.

Like Bebeto

alanrotoi

You mean Bebeto similar of Caniggia. Yes I've never saw that but basically yes. But look, that kind of player needs a "ball keeper", a good 10 (or a brain player, often a 10).

Marco

Your languages are all son of the Roman Empire

BonzaiJoe

Hungarian certainly isn't...
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Marco on March 14, 2015, 09:38:50 AM
Your languages are all son of the Roman Empire

Italian too. Romance languages.

BTW I hate when they say "Spanish" instead of "Castilian" because Galician, Asturian, Aragonese are Spanish languages too. I accept Castilian as Spanish because it's the most popular but it isn't completely accurate.

I speak Castilian a spanish language. :P