News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Languages

Started by Duplode, September 02, 2010, 08:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco

Yes, Hungarian isn't ... I was wrong thinking that.  I red on italian wikipedia about hungarian (in italian ungherese)  that there were many theories about the origin but 2 of them come from Italy  :)))

Marco

Every region has its dialect in Italy and are very different each other. Anyway I'm able to understand almost all of the Venetian link that you have posted :)))

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: Marco on March 14, 2015, 11:36:50 PM
Every region has its dialect in Italy and are very different each other. Anyway I'm able to understand almost all of the Venetian link that you have posted :)))

This is a venetian-creole (mixing venetian and some portuguese)

alanrotoi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAJAJAJA

Shoegazing Leo

In portuguese, this error may cause some geographic confusion, because turkey (the animal) is peru (another country).

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on October 21, 2011, 10:27:53 AM
Did you know that the word S-H-I-T has an irregular past tense, namely S-H-A-T?  ;D ;D ;D That was a new information for me found in the dictionary recently.  ;D

Moreover, it is irregular in German, too, I have just discovered this! Scheißen, schiss, hat geschissen!  ;D ;D ;D :o ::)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Cas

Ha, ha... I just saw the "Hecho en Pavo" one above. I hadn't seen it before!  It's amazing!

About the verb "shit", I always assumed it was regular, but it makes sense that it'd conjugate like "sit". In English, it is very common for informal words to lose their correct usage in grammar. This is not so in Spanish, my language, in which very informal words are often irregular or defective and very uneducated people can and will use the correct conjugations nevertheless. I don't mean that grammar mistakes don't exist; they are pretty common. Only they are not hand-in-hand with informality. The verb for "to shit", however, is regular in Spanish. On the other hand, one of the translations of the verb "to skid" is irregular and people use it correctly all the time.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.