News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The site is online!

Started by royreiger, September 01, 2009, 06:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royreiger

I'm starting a new competition. I'd like your opinions about the site, the competition, rules and more.
Please take a look at my site and tell me what u think, what's missing? U also may say what u like ofcourse :D U can give your comments here or in the other topics. This way I want to organize competition where I can add your wishes.

Please give me your opinion :) The site: http://www.stunts.hu/wmcs/ I'm working on the design and layout.
Thanks,

Greetzzz,
Roy

Mingva

wheee, I feel like surfing in year 2000  :D Come on, you may design a better site  ;)
I would not recommend to use frames.

royreiger

As I said I'm working on the layout and design. It's made with frontpage 2000 (microsoft office)
I really could use some help! Anybody?

BonzaiJoe

I kind of like it simple and old-looking. I think it's better to spend more time on making a good competition than a well designed site.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 02, 2009, 01:12:02 AM
I kind of like it simple and old-looking. I think it's better to spend more time on making a good competition than a well designed site.

I tend to agree with that statement. In order to have a modern-looking site I had to take a crash course in elementary HTML, CSS and PHP (the latter is optional for a simple site, but helpful), and was only able to do it so quickly thanks to some extra free time in early July, plus a lot of help from conveniences provided by my Linux system. If you don't feel like going that route, functionality > form IMO, so I won't be complaining  :) Should you decide to upgrade it, though, I might be able to help...  ;) (BTW, I avoid Frontpage and other WYSIWYG HTML editors like plague, so any help I might provide would have to be in form of bare-bones plain text HTML files)

royreiger

Thanks, I could really use some help. But i'll add a few stunts pics and the whole thing might look a lot nicer ;) Only problem is can't make screenshots in Dos. I tried DosBox and Snagit. But still not able to make screenshots of Stunts. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Greetz,
Roy

Duplode

Quote from: royreiger on September 02, 2009, 05:32:01 PM
Only problem is can't make screenshots in Dos. I tried DosBox and Snagit. But still not able to make screenshots of Stunts. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Ctrl + Alt + F5 is the default DOSBox shortcut for .png screenshots. In case that does not work, chances are you'll need to set up a folder for the screen captures. The procedure will probably depend on the version of DOSBox you're using (0.72 or 0.73)...

royreiger

Thanks Duplode! It worked :)

Site will be updated... :)