News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The announcement

Started by CTG, December 02, 2010, 12:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTK

To me it's funny to see, that obviously after CTG's leaving the community starts to breathe free again and become more vivid. Or do I get it wrong?
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Usrin

I did my regular (roughly) monthly check on Stunts Forum, and had to say: "What the f***?"

But after some thinking, I started to think that this announcement is not a major breakpoint in the history of Stunts community. People are not perfect, and statistically, at least one seriously dishonest person appears in any online or offline community of this size. I'm rather happy to see a proof that such a person can't hide behind his mask forever.

Btw, I hope that CTG's results (under the name of CTG) won't be deleted from any scoreboard, and it won't be forgotten that he was a great pipsqueak. His driving skills and results have nothing to do with his personality and his ghosts.

About the future: I think that even the best things in life become less interesting after a few years, if we try to preserve them without any changes. I'm sure that this factor also contributed to the dying of the community. Becoming older, having flats, jobs, families, etc. also matter, but any of us can see that hard-working fathers at the age of 30 usually DO have their hobbies (even if they take a 2-3-year break in their busiest period). So why can't we keep on? If we can be so active on the forum due to the 'CTG scandal', we could also attend a race, a championship or even a meeting... but these events should be special compared to the earlier ones to attract our attention.

Well, I agree with Akoss that the activity will never reach the 2002-05 level. That is no more affordable for most of us, due to the lack of time, and neither newbies can remake such a world, due to the changing social habits. But the worst thing would be to let everything die slowly. I would rather see the rebuilding of the community into a less vivid, but strong one. In my present circumstances (with limited free time) racing 4 times per year, checking the forum weekly and sending 10-15 posts (not counting spam) per month would mean that the world of Stunts is still an important element in my life and my connections to this world are still strong. I hope that I can reach this level of activity soon, but it's worth doing that only if I won't be alone...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: JTK on June 18, 2011, 11:14:30 AM
To me it's funny to see, that obviously after CTG's leaving the community starts to breathe free again and become more vivid. Or do I get it wrong?

Yeah, sure.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on August 01, 2011, 06:55:21 PM
Quote from: JTK on June 18, 2011, 11:14:30 AM

Yeah, sure.

Viva renaissance of Stunts Forum!

Oscar

Are you happy? Would you like to see the statistics of a few posts? I don't like it. Are you a fan of stunts or pride blinds you? Ahh, nor is it necessary to fill the forum posts nonsense or spam or beer. Sound familiar?
These months have not been much time in front of the computer because it's summer and I went to the beach, I've been with my family ... I imagine that much of the community has done something similar.

Sorry for my english.

CTG

Quote from: Oscar on September 12, 2011, 09:27:09 AM
Ahh, nor is it necessary to fill the forum posts nonsense or spam or beer.

Too bad: beer is still the most popular topic - and not only because of me. Maybe I'll tell you something new: few years ago this one was a real community, also chatting in real topics, not only ZCT46/75/93 or car hacking bullshit. Or do you think Krys Toff, Bonzai Joe or Akoss Poo talked only about Stunts? Bah...

Duplode

While you may have a point (at least to the extent you are replying to that sentence in Oscar's post), you are doing yourself no favours by coming to this thread and rubbing it in that the community is comatose, or that your absence did nothing towards restoring it - no matter that both things are obviously true. Frankly, I don't think you are in a position to do that. Do make a comeback if you feel the need, but please let go of the grudges; live and let live.

CTG

DUP: I'm talking about facts, nothing more. Zak should close this topic anyway - I can't do it anymore without the old forum account.

Oscar

Agree the community is sleeping, it's a fact! I have nothing against you, but all of us in the community should support and attempt stunts that works.

Beer ... ok we can speak about everything, but it would be interesting Stunts competitions or ... stunts hacking, why not? ... this it is a Stunts forum I think.

Quote from: CTG on September 12, 2011, 05:40:28 PM
... not only ZCT46/75/93 or car hacking bullshit. ...

Stunts car hacking bullshit!? some respect.

CTG

Yeah, it's Stunts forum, most of the subforums are about the game. That's normal, I also made 5000-6000 posts in these topics. But check the number in the "Stats" section and you will see what I was talking about in accordance with "civil" topics.

I don't like car hacking at all. On one hand: yes, it's fun to make and try them - and I also know how much work is behind a new car. But on the other hand it kills something from the original spirit of Stunts, at least for me (and for Akoss too, as far as I know).

BonzaiJoe

For those of us here with an interest in bringing more life to the Stunts forum (whether that includes you, CTG, is up to yourself), what's the plan? I have just one idea: thread start pact. Each member of the pact must start at least one and up to three interesting threads each week (do your best).

Who's in?
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 18, 2011, 05:29:34 PM
For those of us here with an interest in bringing more life to the Stunts forum (whether that includes you, CTG, is up to yourself), what's the plan? I have just one idea: thread start pact. Each member of the pact must start at least one and up to three interesting threads each week (do your best).

Who's in?
Whoa - no chance for me (too uninteresting)!
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Who's in?

I guess 'Böff' topic is already existing, so I can't say any further interesting threads.  ;D

Duplode

Who's in?

A noble suggestion, but I'm not sure about keeping it up to reach a target - but most likely that's just because I'm a lazy son of a Helen(*), so whatever  ;D

(*) Which reminds me of this. Also, of this...

zaqrack

Who's in?

All in (at least will try :)))