News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Hungarian censorship

Started by BonzaiJoe, January 05, 2011, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

Thanks! :)
I consider this censorship-madness as my preparation for China.
But it may as well consider China the land of freedom soon :) (joking, that is definitely not the case with the current visa-enforcements and the crackdown on Google and soon Skype)

I have still to decide what to consider the Hungarian state taking away the pension I have collected so far  >:(

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on January 05, 2011, 03:59:04 PM
I have still to decide what to consider the Hungarian state taking away the pension I have collected so far  >:(

Don't worry about that, the WW3 will solve this problem... :D

alanrotoi

BonzaiJoe

I really feel sorry for you about the piece of shit government you've gotten now. You're about to become laughing stock in Europe like Berlusconi's Italy.
The sad thing is you had to boot the previous government even though you knew the alternative was worse, because if a government openly deceives the population and gets re-elected, corruption takes over.

alanrotoi

politics sucks, and politician sucks hard :(

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 05, 2011, 06:29:00 PM
I really feel sorry for you about the piece of shit government you've gotten now. You're about to become laughing stock in Europe like Berlusconi's Italy.
The sad thing is you had to boot the previous government even though you knew the alternative was worse, because if a government openly deceives the population and gets re-elected, corruption takes over.

I retract this statement. Seeing the lying, religious, racist, authoritarian, self-sufficient, power-hungry undemocratic government you have now, you should have re-elected a liar 20 elections in a row. You should have voted for The Official Lying Party of Deceptive Swindlers rather than this medieval disgrace against modern democracy.
These criminals don't deserve to be treated with any respect. They should be thrown into the Danube.
I will support an exclusion of Hungary from the European Union, and I hope that this will happen (but it will not).

zaqrack

Things are really looking grim. I am not sure I will return to my own country in the coming years.
My own mother says I should not return despite the fact she is staying here for sure.
I am currently back to Hungary until February and I love being here (as always), desperate faces surround me everywhere. I can't stand this.

I guess none of us here on the forum voted on these jerks. Country dwellers and pensioners did, because they were promised more money. Pensioners rule this country, that's why we are going down the drain. No country can survive with a shrinking population and only 20% of the full population paying proper taxes. This is regardless of any government. If the numbers don't add up, there is nothing you can do.

Sorry for being harsh. China is definitely not an easy place to live either but it will last for 2-3 more years (the bubble is starting to pop just as we speak...). Then we'll see where to go... Taiwan, Hong Kong and Australia are on the hotlist. Unfortunately I do not believe in the future of Europe either.

JTK

Now what will happen? Will hungary turn into an isolated totalitarian state (of course not in the EU!) or are the Hungarian people strong enough to throw the government out! It looks like - from the not-so-many news we get in Germany about Hungary - people will soon not be albe to pay for their lives...?
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

Taxes are basically at an all-time high (27% VAT), future pension savings taken away by the government (those who decided to keep their own savings risking to lose the government provided pension (3% of the population) have their pension saving payments redirected to the government for another year. Unemployment keeps rising. The budget for 2012 is not feasible, so there will be more taxes and more money taken away.
New laws are-were accepted by the government during the evenings, especially in the last days before Christmas, so they get less media coverage. One opposition-friendly radio station will be shut down at the end of the year.

Last April one Euro was 270HUF. Now 305. (1 Chinese Yuan rose from 28 to 37 Forints) I am transferring all my remaining savings in HUF out of the country asap. I don't know whether people are able to pay for their lives, fortunately I can, but I bet Hungary will declare bankrupcy within a year.
The latest plan of the government: take away the foreign currency savings of the central bank to fix the hole in the budget.

There seems to be hope for a forming opposition, but it is very weak as of now. The opposition parties in the parliament are all useless or unacceptable.

Chulk

So, Duplode... seeing how Europe is falling apart one country at a time, USA going the same way and Zak saying China won't last long I wonder: How is Brazil preparing  for the next few years? Because it appears as one of the fewer countries I could move into as soon as I can (I do not trust Argentina's politics or government either, that's why I'll leave the country if I have a chance)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on December 29, 2011, 09:22:57 PM
Taxes are basically at an all-time high (27% VAT), future pension savings taken away by the government (those who decided to keep their own savings risking to lose the government provided pension (3% of the population) have their pension saving payments redirected to the government for another year. Unemployment keeps rising. The budget for 2012 is not feasible, so there will be more taxes and more money taken away.
New laws are-were accepted by the government during the evenings, especially in the last days before Christmas, so they get less media coverage. One opposition-friendly radio station will be shut down at the end of the year.

Last April one Euro was 270HUF. Now 305. (1 Chinese Yuan rose from 28 to 37 Forints) I am transferring all my remaining savings in HUF out of the country asap. I don't know whether people are able to pay for their lives, fortunately I can, but I bet Hungary will declare bankrupcy within a year.
The latest plan of the government: take away the foreign currency savings of the central bank to fix the hole in the budget.

There seems to be hope for a forming opposition, but it is very weak as of now. The opposition parties in the parliament are all useless or unacceptable.
No god news... where can you get your savings to? China?
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

BonzaiJoe

What do you base your forecast about the Chinese economy on, Zak? (and what is your forecast in more detail?) From what I gather, it's not quite as catastrophic as it's made out to be. I'm going to ask my dad (who is a political science researcher and expert on Chinese politics, for those of you who haven't met him  ;)) what he thinks about the "bubble" situation and maybe post here.

zaqrack

Due to a stupid administration error I was unable to open a Hong Kong bank account the last time we were there - and I don't know when I can visit next time.
So yes, the only alternative for my transferable savings is China. Really not much, about my 4month salary, the rest is in unit-linked EUR based shares, not optimnal but relatively safe) Even though the Chinese economy does not have a good long-term outlook in my opinion, I think the Chinese Yuan will be stable, as it is very undervalued as of now.
My forecast is that the housing bubble will collapse within a year. Almost all Chinese citizens keep their savings in real estate - I heard groups of 30-40 buying a flat not eveni thinking on living there, rather than just to benefit from the raising prices. Certain relas estate prices in Shanghai have doubled in the last 4 years. A trend which is not sustainable anymore.
When the bubble pops, citizens will lose a considerable value of their savings in real estate. Pople will be angry and starting riots. China will focus all its efforts on maintaining internal stability, therefore not giving a sh*t anymore on the EU/US crisis. With the government and the military I bet China will be able to keep the effects within the boundary of the country, backing off a couple of years with approx 5-6% growth. The catastrophe will only happen is China is unable to limit the effects of the popped bubble within its relatively closed economy.

Anyway, the best place for any saving in such a global situation is probably in agricultural company shares.

zaqrack