News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Zólyom (USC 66)

Started by CTG, April 29, 2009, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on June 02, 2009, 06:47:41 PM
Quote from: CTG on June 02, 2009, 05:50:14 PM
Thanks for the nice words!

I have something for you guys - telling a lot more than a simple analysis. Enjoy the TOP4 run at Zólyom track in the same time! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1AwT_Btmp8#noexternalembed

Amazing video and very interesting analysis!
First of all, I have to congratulate also with BJ: his first part of the track is really great! He lead until 35" and only an evident lack of time to play impeded him to be on the podium: congratulations again, BJ!  :)

Second highlighting, I have to say that I'm really surprised to see that I'm the fastest on the 270° on the elavated corner!  :o  Elevated corners (above all 180° or 270°) have been always a little problem for me, and really I didn't think to be so fast!  :)

Third, there's only a difference about the line chose by the fastest 4, that is the entrance on the 2nd elevated tract: Duplode and CTG inside the corkscrew (with unavoidable stopped-slide, very good anyway the execution), BJ and me outside it, but I succeeded to avoid the stopped-slide executing a "normal" curve at 245 Mph that permitted me to take the lead until the end.

Well, in every way you see this race you can see only a wonderful race by 4 passionated stunts drivers: a real great show!  :)

Thanks for that MLR. I could get used to racing with you again. It's been a fun race!

Great video too :)
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

nice video, too bad I only have two eyes.
Does the tool also support video speedup/slowdown on the various sections of the screen? :)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on June 03, 2009, 08:28:08 AM
Does the tool also support video speedup/slowdown on the various sections of the screen? :)

This one was made in Windows Movie Maker upgraded with some PIP functions (useful stuff from http://www.rehanfx.org). Speed change can be solved with a primitive but effective method: if you cut and speed up/slow down the every single videos before uniting them. A bit too much work...

zaqrack

When I'll have some spare time (pretty unlikely), I'll try that, thanks!

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on June 02, 2009, 06:47:41 PM
Third, there's only a difference about the line chose by the fastest 4, that is the entrance on the 2nd elevated tract: Duplode and CTG inside the corkscrew (with unavoidable stopped-slide, very good anyway the execution), BJ and me outside it, but I succeeded to avoid the stopped-slide executing a "normal" curve at 245 Mph that permitted me to take the lead until the end.

The section times may have been almost the same, but I love to watch clean cornering lines at 245mph like the one Mark pulled off... :)

Quote from: zaqrack on June 03, 2009, 08:28:08 AM
nice video, too bad I only have two eyes.

My tactic was to watch it three times, following pairs of pipsqueaks... it's an instant classic  :)

CTG

Little surprise is coming next week.

CTG

USC won't ever come back.