News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Domain name - going international

Started by Oscar, June 15, 2011, 01:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Quote from: zaqrack on June 15, 2011, 05:19:28 AM
If we manage to have enough competitions, I volunteer to code and prepare the central portal at stunts.hu after we have defined the required details - but all competition managers should be admins here, posting news and uploading final results through a designated interface.

Quote from: zaqrack on June 15, 2011, 05:19:28 AM
Of course if anyone needs web space, stunts.hu subdomains can be created with PHP/SQL support, but I would prefer keeping the unique charateristics of each competition site.

Why not create a new domain called stuntsportal.com or something like that? It would be more international. We can redirect as alias the stunts.hu to new domain.

I think it would be good to create a centralized system of competitions, so you can register and upload replays from the same site, and have all the information together and to obtain statistics. I can create widgets to your pages and so will show the information.

What do you think?

Gutix

Quote from: Oscar

Why not create a new domain called stuntsportal.com or something like that? It would be more international. We can redirect as alias the stunts.hu to new domain.

I think it would be good to create a centralized system of competitions, so you can register and upload replays from the same site, and have all the information together and to obtain statistics. I can create widgets to your pages and so will show the information.

What do you think?

About to change the domain name, I think Oscar is right, Its good idea.

alanrotoi

Yes but you have to pay for a dot com  :-\

zaqrack

Quote from: alanrotoi on June 15, 2011, 02:50:45 PM
Yes but you have to pay for a dot com  :-\
same for .hu :)
Its about 10USD/yr, so I can take the costs. We just need the perfect domain.

alanrotoi

zaqrack

Quote from: alanrotoi on June 15, 2011, 03:11:02 PM
http://www.stunts.com/ seems available

its registered by someone else and for sale. That should be hundreds of dollars. We can only go for unregistered domains unless someone sponsors me :)

zaqrack

from top level domains with stunts, only stunts.me is available.
stuntsracing is available for all TLDs except .ws

alanrotoi