News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Goodbye...

Started by Mark L. Rivers, October 04, 2011, 01:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

"The time is the father of the truth".
Starting from this sentence, and without using too much words, it's by now clear that this community needs Peter Varga onboard. And for me it's by now clear that this community doesn't reflect part of the values I consider fundamental in my life.
So it was time for me for a clear choice, "in" or "out". And I chose "out".

I loved Stunts. Even I have an intense life and various heavy responsibilities, I did all my best efforts in order to give my contribute to keep alive the wonderful game we know, as many of you have recognized. And I still would give my contribute, but simply I can't be part of a community which does not consider important what I retain essential to keep healthy whatever relationship, that is respect, estimate, trust.
From this point of view, the full rehabilitation of Peter Varga after what he did, the joyful welcome the community reserved him without there was not any sign of attitude changes (as his comments on the topic "The announcement" in August and September attest) is a clear evidence of what this community reputes important and what not.

I sure don't blame anyone, and sure I don't judge anyone for their choices. Everyone chooses the values he wants to pursue, the kind of person he wants to be. And this forces a natural aggregation or separation between persons. In other words, I feel I'm not like many of you. Not best or worst. Simply different. Deeply different. That's the reason I won't be part of this community anymore.

Will Stunts suffer for this? Not for sure.
Since the return of Peter Varga, the community seems alive and kicking (sorry for a last reference to one of my favourite groups...) and sure ZakStunts will continue to be the backbone for all Stunts races. There's not need for ISM or other SDR events (that you can by now consider as something belonging to the past), as there's not need for my low activity on the tracks (mainly due to lack of time and cervical pains) or my low activity in the forum. About this last item, I only have to say that in early September I was starting a new topic about my new ideas related to the new palimpsest of Stunts racing world for 2012. I wanted to push for quick decisions about when the next ISM edition had to be planned. But, just when I was pressing "Post", I decided to still stay at the window for some weeks, in order to see how the community would have approached the return of Peter Varga. You know the rest.

I could avoid to tell you all this, I could simply keep silently myself away from here. But I like to be limpid in my conduct and I don't like to let pending questions in my life, if only I can.

Someone sure won't be unhappy about my decision, someone will be displeased, someone simply won't care about, someone will contest (privately or publicly) my arguments, maybe replying on this topic. I only want to tell you in advance that I won't write other comments on this topic, whatever thoughts will be eventual posted here as replies.

One more time, my last thought is for all of you permitted me to spend time in joyful and exciting moments in the last 5 years, during my second youth, and for who shows me sincere friendship. Thank you.

Mark L. Rivers

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 04, 2011, 01:07:31 PM
someone will contest (privately or publicly) my arguments, maybe replying on this topic.

You're right!  8)

You are making a decision based on hate, which I think is a great pity and also a big surprise because you are generally kind and generous.

Nobody here approves of what CTG did, but the Stunts Community has never shunned or banned a member, and it never will. This is another of our values.
Countless members have truly hated each other in the past, but the strifes have come and gone and the drivers have raced on.

Also, the forum is (slightly) alive at the moment because of me, not CTG.

Zak saying "welcome back, CTG" was not to welcome him back, but to announce to the public that Dexter Morgan is CTG.

That's all. Hope you calm down and stay. You've never said much about your life, but whoever you are, you've been a great driving force for positive development in the Stunts world, and a friendly person.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Who I really miss: Mr. Töff, Diesel Joe, Bismarck, Dark Chaser, Super Brian...

For me, MLR's announcement means a simple "minus one".

alanrotoi

What is a retirement of a game? :P

BonzaiJoe

alive and kicking (sorry for a last reference to one of my favourite groups...)

I hope and believe you are referring to this brilliant song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhDRN7ny_VM

Argammon

That may be the best decision you ever made Mark. Not because of CTG but because it sometimes is important to let go. Games are fun now and then. But they can also be a huge waste of time.

CTG

Argammon

Nah, I am not an active part of the community anymore. I checked the forums like 1-2 times per year.

CTG

Quote from: Argammon on October 13, 2011, 11:23:46 AM
Nah, I am not an active part of the community anymore. I checked the forums like 1-2 times per year.

Yes, we know... :D

BonzaiJoe

That's a pity. This community is something precious. And don't tell me you've returned just to say you haven't returned :-P What have you been up to and what car will you use on ZCT123?

CTG: your posts are so unbelievably boring. Why do you post such boring posts? I was already bored and now I'm just more bored.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 13, 2011, 12:57:20 PM
I was already bored and now I'm just more bored.

I wonder what Alain would answer for that. I guess something about jerking off.

Argammon

That's a pity. This community is something precious. And don't tell me you've returned just to say you haven't returned :-P What have you been up to and what car will you use on ZCT123?

CTG: your posts are so unbelievably boring. Why do you post such boring posts? I was already bored and now I'm just more bored.

Well, I finally finished my PHD this week. I felt I need a break before I suffer from some kind of burnout syndrome.  ;D That's why I am sitting at home, relaxing, browsing the net and finally have some time to post some more or less meaningless messages on this forum.

I decided few years ago to stop racing in competitions. And I hope I am able to stick to that decision. Other than that, I would not mind to take part in the "forum part" of the community. That is, until I/the community becomes bored of my participation.

zaqrack

TCTG: your posts are so unbelievably boring. Why do you post such boring posts? I was already bored and now I'm just more bored.

If you try to read them backwards they still may be boring, but at least give some challenge :)

Duplode

On the "waste of time" argument, maybe (that is, it would be a conceivable hypothesis that...) I could have said/thought/felt something similar circa 2008. Nowadays, though, the actual amount of time I spend racing each month does not really stand out from the statistical noise of lazy hours which would be spent "non-productively" for whatever reason anyway. Of course we could also talk about incommensurable effects of doing a certain activity etc., but then I think this post would get too boring, so not for now. 

Quote from: Argammon on October 13, 2011, 02:38:26 PM
Well, I finally finished my PHD this week. I felt I need a break before I suffer from some kind of burnout syndrome.  ;D That's why I am sitting at home, relaxing, browsing the net and finally have some time to post some more or less meaningless messages on this forum.

Well done! In an alternate branch of my biography I would be busy writing my own thesis by now; in reality, that has been postponed for the next x years. Anyway, what is it about?

Krys TOFF

"The time is the father of the truth".
Starting from this sentence, and without using too much words, it's by now clear that this community needs Peter Varga onboard. And for me it's by now clear that this community doesn't reflect part of the values I consider fundamental in my life.
So it was time for me for a clear choice, "in" or "out". And I chose "out".
Sad news...  :'(

Quote from: CTG on October 04, 2011, 10:40:28 PM
For me, MLR's announcement means a simple "minus one".
And I feel sad to see such an attitude instead of a post saying that you changed and decided to stop, acting "like CTG". The fact that you re-registered to the forum with CTG nick is proof that you didn't want to change even if you use another nick to post your replays...
Mark was a good addition to the community, his special event competitions were excellent. He tried different things like Stunts Olympics that were really interesting and he provided the way to have proven no-RH racing. So for me it's not a simple minus one.