News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Weight diary

Started by CTG, October 18, 2011, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 25, 2012, 04:07:20 PM
Maybe if you go there again, they will tell you you'll gain weight when you're 40.

I've already heard that from some of them.  :P But they are still better than those who get anxious because of my weight. (Especially old people in my family claim that being so thin is dangerous, it is caused by some hidden illness... and such bullshit.) No, Zak, no one of tham works for insurance providers.
:D
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

BonzaiJoe

I wish we could make some kind of weight exchange. I'm getting a little fat at the moment, which means I'll have to start running again, which will be cold. But when I do, the light will be returning. I've already really had enough of winter. In my perfect world, the sun would rise at 6AM, set at 10PM and then rise again 10 hours later. So there would be 26 hours to a day. Wait a minute, where were we? Oh yes. Weight. It doesn't really matter, does it? Only if you're so thin you feel physically weak or sway in the wind, or so fat you have difficulty doing things that you really want to do.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

I have to disagree. Nowadays you have to be fit, good looking, etc. to get a job (any jobs). Being fat is a huge disadvantage, even in the eye of HR.

I'm ugly, so I need muscles to have a chance (besides my talent in anything else :D).

JTK

Quote from: CTG on January 28, 2012, 04:42:52 PM
I have to disagree. Nowadays you have to be fit, good looking, etc. to get a job (any jobs).
I disagree! I got all my jobs due to qualification and when we hire, we always look 1. at the qualification, 2. at the persinality, 3. does the person fit in the team and not for beauty etc.
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

+1.
I don't care about looks. Don`t even care much about qualification either.
Must have good personality with positive thinking, good team player and of course have the required skills.
And must fit within the allocated budget (hard to do in China...)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on January 28, 2012, 04:42:52 PM
I have to disagree. Nowadays you have to be fit, good looking, etc. to get a job (any jobs).
That depends on the job. If you are a TV star or a model, of course it counts. Same if you're a salesperson or a personal trainer (I wouldn't pay a person to train me if that person itself is obese. I cannot expect him to do with me what he cannot do for himself). Of course there are far more jobs where good looks o being fit do not matter, and luckily those are the really important one. Society can survive without models or TV, but cannot do it without doctors or teachers.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Theoretically you are right, but... researchers say that it's a huge disadvantage to have significant overweight at a job interview. Humans are still humans with all their prejudice, even a boss or an HR assistant.

If I were a boss, I would employ only skinny girls with impossibly huge boobs and red hair. ;D

Btw new records in the morning: non-official 79.2 (right after the morning pee, wheeeee ^_^), official 80.7...

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on January 30, 2012, 05:42:39 PM

If I were a boss, I would employ only skinny girls with impossibly huge boobs and red hair. ;D

Don't be a boss in China :) Red hair is hard to find :D (huge boobs too :))

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on January 30, 2012, 09:31:30 PM
Quote from: CTG on January 30, 2012, 05:42:39 PM

Don't be a boss in China :) Red hair is hard to find :D (huge boobs too :))

Damn! :D

CTG

I was afraid of a possible illness because of the unexpected fast decrease in weight, so I started to eat a lot for a few days.

Friday afternoon (anhydrous and hungry form of CTG): 77.6 kg
Sunday evening (after eating a lot): 82.0 kg (+4.4 is way too much, even if your weight has a natural fluctuation because of the input-output balance)
Monday morning (official measurement): 80.6 kg

The scale works fine (repeatable results), so it's not a technical problem.

CTG

The first official one under 80 (79.9, LOL)... :) Too bad, it's only an outlier point on the graph, because I ate up 1-1.5 kgs in the last few weeks.

CTG

3 days in Vienna ---> + 2 kgs... :-\

Hopefully < 80 kgs tomorrow morning.

CTG

Non-official measurement (Saturday afternoon): 74.9 kg
Standard method (official, yesterday morning): 76.3 kg

The problem is that diet is already finished and still losing weight - faster than before (yes I know, the bad nerves). People say I'm scary shrunken...

CTG

Quote from: CTG on April 10, 2012, 07:36:05 AM

The problem is that diet is already finished and still losing weight - faster than before (yes I know, the bad nerves). People say I'm scary shrunken...

74.5 / 75.5... I guess it's time to visit the doctor.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on April 17, 2012, 09:22:28 AM
Quote from: CTG on April 10, 2012, 07:36:05 AM

74.5 / 75.5... I guess it's time to visit the doctor.

Funny goal after so many lost weight: next week I should be 1.5-2 kg heavier. 74 is really low for me, because my stamina in already under the frog's ass (it was a lot better between 80 and 85). And I also wonder if I can stop losing by will or it's the sign of an illness.