News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Estimation game

Started by CTG, October 22, 2011, 10:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Maybe Mariana Trench...

About my two bull's eyes - strange. I had heard both pieces of info at some point, but didn't consciously remember them. Thought I was just guessing.
But we can't be quite sure.

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 03, 2012, 10:42:04 PM
In Hungary, I think it is/was taught that the depth of Mariana Trench is 11 034 metres. As I can see, it is a Soviet measurement in the 50s. Since we were under a Soviet oppression, I'm not surprised to know these. From my childhood up till now, I was a hundred percent sure that 11 034 metres is the exact depth of the Mariana Trench. I really want to read Usrin's point of view.

I was 80% sure that it was 11 035 metres in the world atlas in my childhood. (And gave 20% for 11 034 metres.) However, I've heard somewhere that this value was refined after newer measurements, but I haven't remember whether it 'became' more or less deep. (It's not easy to change such 'basic' values in my mind...) That's why I haven't modified my guess.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Chulk

Quote from: Usrin on February 13, 2012, 04:48:46 PM
I was 80% sure that it was 11 035 metres in the world atlas in my childhood. (And gave 20% for 11 034 metres.) However, I've heard somewhere that this value was refined after newer measurements, but I haven't remember whether it 'became' more or less deep.
I'll keep it as it is, then. Here's the link. The part about 10.91 Km being the "official" value is at the beginning. Then under "Descents", it says 10.916 was the deepest descent achieved...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Poo: write those fuckin' questions!!! :D

CTG

CTG

Shall I write some questions? It seems nobody else will do it...

BonzaiJoe

If you feel like it, I think it would be fun. It's a nice game.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

You can write it, I always forget this thing... Maybe I can take the next round...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Chulk

Weeeh!! I was waiting for new questions!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

JTK

Yeah. Write those questions and ye olde JTK shall enter the contest, too, finally!
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Okay. Weekend or next Monday/Tuesday.

CTG

CTG

7 months...

CTG

Okay, see the next round from me - again... Deadline is 12th September.

1, How many 100 HUF coins has the same weight as a Bugatti Veyron? (!hint: bimetal coin, diameter ~24 mm, thickness ~2 mm, it contains iron, copper, zinc and nickel)
2, Birth date of Shaquille O'Neal
3, Population of Vietnam
4, Longest recorded arrow shot with a bow
5, Distance of Antares (star) in light years
6, Number of F1 pole positions by Riccardo Patrese
7, Broadcasting frequency of radio "DFM Izhevsk" (in MHz)
8, Exchange rate: 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = ? USD (2012. 08. 29., 10:00 CET)
9, Percentage of left corners on USC 2008/09 tracks (!hint: I hate right corners, but there were also some guest tracks)
10, Length difference between the largest Boeing 747 and Airbus A380 models (not only the value counts, but which one is longer)
11, First three digits of testosterone's CAS registry number
12, Founding year of Victorinox (Swiss knife manufacturer)
13, Number of Volkswagen Beetles ever built (of course the old one, produced between 1938 and 2003, also called as "Bug")

+1, Percentage of eosinophil granulocytas in my latest blood test (normal value is 0-5 %)

CTG

Current standings: Akoss Poo 14 pts...