News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Estimation game

Started by CTG, October 22, 2011, 10:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on July 05, 2013, 11:59:28 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 05, 2013, 12:18:05 PM
It was an accident (broken jaw) caused by a zero IQ hero at Hegyalja Festival.

pogo?

Unfortunately, not. An enormous hit for almost nothing.

Btw when the rubber tapes are be removed from my teeth (next week), I will be able to eat almost everything, but it will be needed to be mixed to pulp form. For example mashed potatoes with ground meat stew is a good solution. And I will be able to use a spoon instead of that fvcking straw.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Chulk

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 06, 2013, 09:04:51 AM
That must have been a very strong hit if you got your ass kicked and your jaw broke!

Just kidding, wish you a speedy recovery towards real (solid) food!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Detailed information about results: probably on Friday.

629.09 km

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 06, 2013, 09:04:51 AM

Really sad that such aggressive/stupid behaviour spreads like a virus in Hungary. That is commonly associated with Gypsies, but now you can find it almost anywhere. :( See also CTG's neighbour incident...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Results of the round:

Chulk 4
CTG, Usrin and Zak 3
Bonzai Joe and Friker 1

Overall:

46 - Chulk
36 - Zak McKracken
32 - Duplode
29 - Usrin
28 - Akoss Poo
23 - Bonzai Joe
14 - CTG
7 - Friker
4 - Alan Rotoi
3 - Argammon
2 - SuperBrian

See the attached table.

Next round questions and winner of the round: Chulk (congratulations).

Question 1, Wikipedia says:
The convertible mark was established by the 1995 Dayton Agreement and replaced the Bosnia and Herzegovina dinar, Croatian kuna and Republika Srpska dinar as the currency of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1998. Mark refers to the German mark, the currency to which it was pegged at par. Since the replacement of the German mark by the euro in 2002, the Bosnian convertible mark uses the same fixed exchange rate to euro that the German mark has (that is, 1 EUR = 1.95583 BAM).

Question 4: I have my own room, that's why it is not bigger.

Question 8: The usual answer for this question is estimating the area of Slovenia. With travelling to Montenegro in June, I experienced the very short coastline of Bosnia - I think only very few people know this without checking the map.

Question 11: it had been in the Olympic programme once before the first Winter Games were held.

Question +1: I'm tall and I like tall girls, that's why the answer can be surprising.

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

My favourite guesses were Zak's 840% probability of Greek bankruptcy and Friker's harbour at 167 degrees south (hey, doesn't that translate to 77 if you count from the North Pole!? Shouldn't he be awarded the point?).
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

I tried the questions unofficially before reading Akoss' preliminary answers. Though I lost my answers to a reboot, I remember having a really good guess for the Clinton one (~27y3m - CTG got even closer, though) and falling for both the Bosnia/Slovenia and the Winter Olympics trick questions...

Chulk

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 13, 2013, 11:14:15 AM
Question +1: I'm tall and I like tall girls, that's why the answer can be surprising.
I was actually surprised to see such a low average as I suspected you liked tall girls...

I'll start holidays on Monday, so I'll get questions ready then

BonzaiJoe

It's the same as the average height of my (serious) girlfriends.
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

good round again :)

I am pretty confident Greece will go bankrupt  8)

re girlfriends, my average must be quite low though I do not have exact numbers, should be something like:

averages to 165... I was expecting less.

Chulk

After how long do we consider a woman we're seeing our 'girlfriend'? If it's the ones that met our families, my average is 1.55m as the only girl that knew may family was this tall.
If we count girls I've seen over 6 months, it's:

162 cm
157 cm
155 cm
160 cm

Average: 158.5 cm

Unlike Zak, I tend to ask people in general (not just girls) how tall they are, so I have that info certain.

As for Bosnia/Slovenia, I took the right guess at Bosnia (Suspected he could have used the same country as in Q1) but stupidly tipped on the coastline size

I can't wait to read the new questions!  ;)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 25, 2013, 02:29:38 PM
I can't wait to read the new questions!  ;)

It's no fun to ask instead of googling... erm.. forget it. :D

Chulk

Sorry, you will have to wait a few. I'm awfully busy with work for this week and next one until Wednesday. Add to that a lot of bureaucratic complications that come from me having a car accident (nobody's hurt, luckily. Just the car and a shop) so that is taking most of my time.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on July 26, 2013, 08:10:10 AM
Sorry, you will have to wait a few. I'm awfully busy with work for this week and next one until Wednesday. Add to that a lot of bureaucratic complications that come from me having a car accident (nobody's hurt, luckily. Just the car and a shop) so that is taking most of my time.

You tried noRH, huh? :D